- Volume 25 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Effects of Supplementing Duck Diets with Houttuynia Cordata Powder on the Fatty Acid Profiles of their Breast meat -A Field Study-
어성초를 오리사료에 첨가 시 오리가슴살 지방산 분포도 조사 -현장연구를 중심으로-
- Choi, In Hag (Department of Companion Animal & Animal Resources Science, Joongbu University)
- 최인학 (중부대학교 애완동물자원학과)
- Received : 2016.03.26
- Accepted : 2016.04.12
- Published : 2016.05.31
Ninety ducks (one-day-old Pekins, 45 males and 45 females) were used to evaluate the effects of supplementing diets with Houttuynia cordata powder on the fatty acid profiles of duck breast meat. The ducks were allotted to one of the three treatment diets using a completely randomized design, each treatment-group containing three replicate pens with ten birds each (five of each gender). The experimental diets were: 1) Control (basal diet), 2) T1 (Control+ 1% Houttuynia cordata) and 3) T2 (Control+2% Houttuynia cordata). In spite of significant difference, the addition of Houttuynia cordata resulted in higher unsaturated fatty acid and lower saturated fatty acid contents than in the Control group. However, no remarkable difference was observed between 1% and 2 % Houttuynia cordata groups for fatty acid profiles.
- Cho, Y. S., Kim, Y. T., Shon, M. Y., Choi, S. H., Lee, Y. S., Seo, K. I., 2000, Comparison of chemical compositions of Houttuynia cordata Thunb cultivated from different local area, Korean J. Food Preserv., 7, 108-112.
- Duncan, D. B., 1955, Multiple range test, Biometrics., 11, 1-6. https://doi.org/10.2307/3001478
- Folch, J., Lees, M., Sloane-Stanley, G. H., 1957, A Simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissues, J. Biol. Chem., 226, 497-509.
- Fu, J., Dai, L., Lin, Z., Lu, H., 2013, Houttuynia cordata Thunb: A Review of phytochemistry and pharmacology and quality control, Chinese Medicine., 4, 101-123. https://doi.org/10.4236/cm.2013.43015
- Kim, K. Y., Chung, D. O., Chung, H. J., 1997, Chemical composition and antimicrobial activities of Houttuynia cordata Thunb, Korean J. Food Sci. Technol., 29, 400-407.
- Kim, M. L., 2009, A Study on comparison of characteristics of fermentability and fermented broth for Houttuynia cordata thunb extracts, Korean J. Food Preserv., 16, 122-127.
- Kwon, R. H., Kang, K. S., Kim, I. D., Ha, B. J., 2008, The Correlativity of lipopolysaccharide and Houttuynia cordata Thunb mixture extract to lipid metabolism, J. Toxicol. Pub. Health., 23, 341-345.
- Kwun, J. A., 1998, About Houttuynia cordata thumb, Korean Oriental Drug., 2, 218-221.
- Lee, H. J., Kim, D. H., Joo, Y. H., Yoon, H., Choi, I. H., Kim, S. K., Song, I. G., Jang, I. H., Kim, S. C., 2015, Growth performance and fatty acid profiles of Korean native chicken fed diets with mixed probiotics, J Environ Sci. Int., 24, 323-328. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.3.323
- SAS Institute, 2002, SAS/STAT User's Guide: Version 8.2. SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC.
- Shin, S. E., Suh, D. S., Ding, J. L., Cha, W. S., 2006, Chemical characterization and antibacterial effect of volatile flavor concentrate from Houttuynia cordata Thunb, Life Sci., 16, 297-301. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2006.16.2.297
- Yan, L., Meng, Q. W., Kim, I. H., 2011, The Effects of dietary Houttuynia cordata and Taraxacum officinale extract powder on growth performance, nutrient digestibility, blood characteristics and meat quality in finishing pigs, Livest Sci., 141, 188-193. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.livsci.2011.05.017