- Volume 40 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Efficiency Analysis of a Wave Power Generation System by Using Multibody Dynamics
다물체동역학을 이용한 다자유도 파력발전시스템의 흡수 효율 분석
- Received : 2015.12.02
- Accepted : 2016.04.14
- Published : 2016.06.01
The energy absorption efficiency of a wave power generation system is calculated as the ratio of the wave power to the power of the system. Because absorption efficiency depends on the dynamic behavior of the wave power generation system, a dynamic analysis of the wave power generation system is required to estimate the energy absorption efficiency of the system. In this study, a dynamic analysis of the wave power generation system under wave loads is performed to estimate the energy absorption efficiency. RecurDyn is employed to carry out the dynamic analysis of the system, and the Morison equation is used for the wave load model. According to the results, the lower the wave height and the shorter the period, the higher is the absorption efficiency of the system.
Wave Power Generation System;Energy Absorption Efficiency;Floating Body
- Hong, D. C. and Hong, K. Y., 2010, "Prediction of Wave Energy Absorption Efficiency and Wave Loads of a Three-Dimensional Bottom-Mounted OWC Wave Power Device," Marine Environmental Engineering, Vol. 13, No. 1, 47-52.
- Jang, J. S. and Sohn, J. H., 2011, "Dynamic Analysis of Wave Energy Generation System by Using Multibody Dynamics," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 35, No. 12, 1579-1584. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.12.1579
- Kim, D.G., "Dynamics of Structures," Goomibook, Korea, pp. 671-699.
- Kim, S G. and Park, R S., 1989, "The Basic Study on Wave Energy Conversion System(II): Estimation on Extracted Wave Power if Wave Energy Conversion Device," Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 1. 39-44.
- Kim, S G. and Park, M K., 1991, "The Estimation for Extracted Wave Power of an Ocean Wave Energy Conversion Device of the Oscillating Water Column Type," The Korean Society of marine engineering, Vol. 15, No. 3, 213-220.
- Haritos, N., 2007, "Introduction to the Analysis and Design of Offshore Structures- An Overview," EJSE, Special Issue: Loading on Structures, University of Melbourne, 7, 55-65.
- Marine Weather Information Delivery System, http://marine.kma.go.kr/
- Weller, S. D., Stallard, T. J. and Stansby, P. K., 2013, "Experimental Measurements of the Complex Motion of a Suspended Axisymmetric Floating Body in Regular and Near-Focused Waves," Applied Ocean Research, Vol. 39, pp. 137-145. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apor.2012.10.008
- Hwang, S. S., 2015, "Development of Moving Body Type Wave Power Generator Using the Wave Horizontal Motions," Doctoral thesis, Graduate School of Chonnam National University, Gwangju.
Supported by : 중소기업청