- Volume 40 Issue 6
Research and development of mineral-resource-related products has progressed with the increased need to develop mineral resources. The DTH hammer is a resultant product. However, owing to particular work conditions of underground drilling, it is difficult to obtain direct data on the DTH hammer. A DTH drill rig requires a significant amount of money and time for actual testing. This thesis aimed to resolve this problem by using CAE. In a previous paper, the structure of the DTH hammer and its movement were analyzed, and a standard model based on simulation was proposed. Then, experimentation and comparison verification were conducted. In this paper, by using an experimental design method, we derived a control factor of the impact force and efficiency of the DTH hammer and attempted to optimize the design. As a result, the impact energy increased by 14.9%, and the efficiency increased by 3.3%.
Down-the-Hole Hammer;Optimization;Pneumatic Hammer;Rock Drill
- Hwang U. K., 2015, "Modelling and Test of Downthe-Hole Hammer," Journal of Drive and Control, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 34-38. https://doi.org/10.7839/ksfc.2015.12.2.034
- Shin, D. Y. and Song, C. H., 2012 "Performance Optimization of Down-the-Hole Hammer Using Taguchi Method," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 109-116. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.1.109
- Markku, T., 2006, Surface Drilling in Open Pit Mining, Atlascopco, First Edition.
- Tatiya, R. R., 2009, Surface and Underground Excavations, Balkema, pp. 62-63.
- Chiang, L. E. and Elias, D. A., 2000, "Modeling Impact in Down-The-Hole Rock Drilling," International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 37, pp. 599-613. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1365-1609(99)00124-0
- Bu, C., Qu, Y., Cheng, Z. and Liu, B., 2009., "Numerical Simulation of Impact on Pneumatic DTH Hammer Percussive Drilling," Journal of Earth Science, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp.868-878. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12583-009-0073-5
- Park, S. H., 1993, Quality Engineering, Minyoungsa, Seoul, pp. 165-239.