- Volume 40 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study of Operating Parameters for Pneumatic Control Valve in Abnormal Conditions
공기구동 제어밸브 비정상상태 운전변수에 관한 실험적 연구
Kim, Yang-seok;Kim, Dae-woong;Lee, Byoung-oh;Jeoung, Rae-hyuk;Lee, Seung-ho
- Received : 2016.01.29
- Accepted : 2016.04.25
- Published : 2016.06.01
A pneumatic control valve performs a major role in controlling the flow of a system or the level of a key tank in many power plants, and its performance should be guaranteed during the plant's lifetime. Its operation starts by supplying air to the pneumatic actuator or by exhausting the air from the actuator. To control the valve position, the amount of air supply or exhaust is adjusted by a control loop where various accessaries are equipped. In this paper, air leakage in the air supply line, changes in the valve packing force, and false adjustments of zero and the span of the positioner are simulated and analyzed using a 2-in pneumatic valve with a position control loop including an I/P converter and positioner, where the valve position is controlled within
Pneumatic Actuator;Control Valve;Positioner;Diagnostics
- Heishman, J., 2008, Nuclear Maintenance Applications Center: Air-Operated Valve Maintenance Guide: Revision 2, EPRI, 1016682.
- Zhang, B. H., Ma, Y. F., Cheng, H. F. and Peng, G. Z., 2005, "A New Method to Predict the Occurrence of Stick-slip in Pneumatic Cylinders," Proceedings of the 6th JFPS International Symposium on Fluid Power, pp. 812-816.
- Chang, H., Lan, C. W. and Chen, L. C., 2006, "Dynamic Measurement of Extra Long Stroke Cylinder in the Pneumatic System," International Symposium on Instrumentation Science and Technology, Vol. 48, pp. 605-610.
- Wakasawa, Y., Ito, Y. and Yanada, H., 2014, "Friction and Vibration Characteristics of Pneumatic Cylinder," The 3rd International Conference on Design Engineering and Science, pp. 155-159.
- Matthew, J.D and Kai. G., 2011., "A Model-Based Prognostics Approach Applied to Pneumatic Valves," International Journal of Prognostics and Health Management, www.phmsociety.org/node/602.