- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Performance Comparison of the Current Feedback Schemes with a New Single Current Sensor Technique for Single-Phase Full-Bridge Inverters
- Choe, Jung-Muk ;
- Lee, Young-Jin ;
- Cho, Younghoon ;
- Choe, Gyu-Ha
- Received : 2015.08.04
- Accepted : 2015.11.16
- Published : 2016.03.20
In this paper, a single current sensor technique (SCST) is proposed for single-phase full-bridge inverters. The proposed SCST measures the currents of multiple branches at the same time, and reconstructs the average inductor, capacitor, and load current in a single switching cycle. Since all of the branches' current in the LC filter and the load are obtained using the SCST, both the inductor and the capacitor current feedback schemes can be selectively applied while taking advantages of each other. This paper also analyzes both of the current feedback schemes from the view point of the closed-loop output impedance. The proposed SCST and the analysis in this paper are verified through experiments on a 3kVA single-phase uninterruptible power supply (UPS).
Current reconstruction;Digital control;Load current decoupling;Output impedance;UPS system
- P. Mattavelli, F. Polo, F. Dal Lago, and S. Saggini, “Analysis of Control-Delay Reduction for the Improvement of UPS Voltage-Loop Bandwidth,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 55, No. 8, pp. 2903-2911, Jul. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.918607
- Y. J. Lee, Y. Cho, J. M. Choe, and G. H. Choe, "Current feedback with decoupling scheme for single-phase UPS using a single current sensor," in Power Electron. and ECCE Asia (ICPE-ECCE Asia), 2015 9th Int. Conf. on, 2015, pp. 1380-1385.
- Y. J. Lee, "Analysis and control of the full bridge based power electronic system using a current reconstruction technique," Ph.D. dissertation, Elect. Eng., Konkuk Univ., Seoul, Korea, 2013.
- S. Buso, S. Fasolo, and P. Mattavelli, “Uninterruptible power supply multiloop control employing digital predictive voltage and current regulators,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 37, No. 6, pp. 1846-1854, Aug. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.968200
- N. D. T. Yokoyama, and T. Ishioka, “Verification of an Autonomous Decentralized UPS System with Fast Transient Response Using a FPGA-Based Hardware Controller,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 507-515, May 2009.
- S. Karve, “Three of a kind [UPS topologies, IEC standard],” IEE Review, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 27-31, Mar. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1049/ir:20000204
- K. M. Smedley and S. Cuk, "One-cycle control of switching converters," in Power Electron. Specialists Conf., 1991. PESC '91 Record., 22nd Ann. IEEE, 1991, pp. 888-896.
- M. J. Ryan, W. E. Brumsickle, and R. D. Lorenz, “Control topology options for single-phase UPS inverters,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 493-501, Mar. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.568015
- N. M. Abdel-Rahim and J. E. Quaicoe, “Analysis and design of a multiple feedback loop control strategy for single-phase voltage-source UPS inverters,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 532-541, Jul. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.506118
- D. Maksimovic, J. Yungtaek, and R. W. Erickson, “Nonlinear-carrier control for high-power-factor boost rectifiers,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 578-584, Jul. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.506123
- K. M. Smedley, Z. Luowei, and Q. Chongming, “Unified constant-frequency integration control of active power filters-steady-state and dynamics,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 428-436, May 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.923776
- I. Takahashi and T. Noguchi, “A new quick-response and high-efficiency control strategy of an induction motor,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. IA-22, No. 5, pp. 820-827, Sep. 1986. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.1986.4504799
- W. Tang, F. C. Lee, R. B. Ridley, and I. Cohen, "Charge control: modeling, analysis and design," in Power Electron. Specialists Conf., 1992. PESC '92 Record., 23rd Ann. IEEE, 1992, pp. 503-511 Vol.1.
- R. Zane and D. Maksimovic, “Nonlinear-carrier control for high-power-factor rectifiers based on up-down switching converters,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 213-221, Aug. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.662824
- D. M. Brod and D. W. Novotny, “Current Control of VSI-PWM Inverters,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. IA-21, No. 3, pp. 562-570, Apr. 1985. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.1985.349711
- Q. Yao and D. G. Holmes, "A simple, novel method for variable-hysteresis-band current control of a three phase inverter with constant switching frequency," in Ind. Applicat. Soc. Ann. Meeting, 1993., Conf. Record of the 1993 IEEE, Vol. 2, pp. 1122-1129, 1993,
- S. Buso, S. Fasolo, L. Malesani, and P. Mattavelli, "A dead-beat adaptive hysteresis current control," in Ind. Applicat. Conf., 1999. Thirty-Fourth IAS Annu. Meeting. Conf. Rec. of the 1999 IEEE, 1999, pp. 72-78 Vol.1.
- L. Malesani, L. Rossetto, and A. Zuccato, “Digital adaptive hysteresis current control with clocked commutations and wide operating range,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 316-325, Mar. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.491480
- L. Malesani and P. Tenti, “A novel hysteresis control method for current-controlled voltage-source PWM inverters with constant modulation frequency,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 88-92, Jan. 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.52678
- L. Poh Chiang, M. J. Newman, D. N. Zmood, and D. G. Holmes, “A comparative analysis of multiloop voltage regulation strategies for single and three-phase UPS systems,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 1176-1185, Aug. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2003.816199
- G. Escobar, P. Mattavelli, A. M. Stankovic, A. A. Valdez, and J. Leyva-Ramos, “An adaptive control for UPS to compensate unbalance and harmonic distortion using a combined capacitor/load current sensing,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 54, No. 1, pp. 839-847, Nov. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.891998
- P. Ripka and M. Janosek, “Advances in magnetic field sensors,” IEEE J. Sensors, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp. 1108-1116, Apr. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSEN.2010.2043429
- D. P. Marcetic, and Adzic E. M., “Improved three-phase current reconstruction for induction motor drives with DC-link shunt,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 57, No. 7, pp. 2454-2462, Jun. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2035456
- F. Blaabjerg, J. K. Pedersen, U. Jaeger, and P. Thoegersen, “Single current sensor technique in the DC link of three-phase PWM-VS inverters: a review and a novel solution,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 33, No. 5, pp. 1241-1253, Aug. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.633802