- Volume 32 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Operation Cycle of SBR for the Treatment of Distillery Wastewater
주정폐수 처리를 위한 SBR 운전주기에 관한 연구
- Received : 2016.02.04
- Accepted : 2016.03.08
- Published : 2016.03.31
This study aimed to evaluate SBR operation cycle for removing the high-concentration organic matter of distillery wastewater in the ginseng processing plant. The experiment was conducted with the use of a laboratory scale SBR reactor and distillery wastewater as the influent. The results indicated an increase in pH from 4.08 to 7.59 of distillery wastewater after aeration for 2 hours. Also, the optimum SBR operation cycle for the removal of organic matter and nitrogen was 2 hr of aeration and 6 hr of anaerobic conditions. Adjustment of proper pH through aeration time is most critical in the SBR operation for distillery wastewater treatment. In this study, we presented an efficient method for distillery wastewater treatment.
Distillery wastewater;Operation cycle;pH change;SBR
- Kim, Y. C., Won, C. H., and Chung, P. G. (1991). On the Treatment Conditions and Analysis of Distillate Wastewater, Journal of Korean Society on Waste Quality, 7, pp. 1-8. [Korean Literature]
- American Public Health Association (APHA). (2005). Standards Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 21th Ed., New York.
- Eom, H. K. (2014). Effects on Biological Treatment in Reverse Osmosis Concentrate with DBNPA Content, Master's Thesis, Kyonggi University, pp. 48-50. [Korean Literature]
- Kim, D. S., Jang, H. J., An, K. H., Suh, M. G., and Song, S. K. (1991). The Treatment of Concentrated Organic Alcoholic Distillery Wastewater by the Fluidized-Bed Biofilm Reactor, Journal of Biotechnology Bioengineering, 6, pp. 345-350. [Korean Literature]
- Kim, D. K., Kim, T. S., Ryu, H. D., and Lee, S. I. (2008). Treatment of Low Carbon-to-Nitrogen Wastewater Usong Two-stage Sequencing Batch Reactor with Independent Nitrification, Process Biochemistry, 43, pp. 406-413. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procbio.2008.01.003
- Lee, K. H. and Lee, J. K. (2005). Characteristics of Nitrogen State with the Variation of Time Distribution in SBR Process, Korean Society of Civil Engineering, 25, pp. 173-179. [Korean Literature]
- Mandt, M. G. and Bell, B. A. (1982). Oxidation Ditches in Wastewater Treatment, Ann Arbor Science Publishers, Washington DC, pp. 61-62.
- Metcalf and Eddy. (2003). Wastewater Engineering Treatment, Disposal and Reuse, 4th ed., McGraw Hill, New York, N. Y., pp. 630-631.
- Ryu, J. H. (2013). The study on Application with Biological Treatment Process and Chemical Flocculation Process for the Removal of Nitrogen and Non-degradable Organic Matters Contained in RO Retentate Water, Master's Thesis, Kyonggi University, pp. 56-57. [Korean Literature]
- Sheehan, G. J. and Greenfield, P. F. (1980). Utilization, Treatment and Diposal of Distillery Wastewater, Water Research, 14, pp. 257-277. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1354(80)90097-4
- Yang, Y. J. (1991). Aquatic Chemistry, Singwang Publisher, pp. 127-135. [Korean Literature]