- Volume 19 Issue 2
This study was implemented for the purpose of analyzing the Job Competency level of accredited and non-accredited program's graduates. And we were seeking way to manage realistic and effective way of Accreditation of Engineering education. In order to achieve the purpose of this study, survey and FGI were done. The study was: accredited program's graduates thought more positively than non-accredited program's graduates, and graduates felt that 11 Job Competencies Level of Work Performance were lower than the needs of job performance. The conclusions of this study were summarized as follows: First, between accredited and non-accredited program's graduates, we could see significant recognition difference about the perception of the needs of job performance. This was because Design curriculum were reinforced and accredited program's graduates had attended design program at accredited program. Second, accredited program's graduates felt higher than non-accredited program's graduates about the perception of level of work performance. This was because the efforts for curriculum reorganizing and teaching methods improvement were done. Third, we could not find significant recognition difference about the perception of the needs for job performance and work level. That was because accredited and non-accredited program were not dealed seperately. The conclusions of this study are summarized as follows: First, The efforts for analyzing job competence of industry and reflecting the program curriculum are needed on the accredited program for engineering education. Second, Government should make the incentive policy about the companies which give some merits to the accreditation graduates, and monitor constantly their real working. Third, in order that the accreditation results can be trustful on staff recruiting or school choosing, accreditation should make outcome-based-evaluation which guarantees competence of graduates.
Accreditation;Engineering education;Job Competency;Engineering graduates;Non Engineering graduates
- 강소연 외(2014). 공학교육인증제도 성과분석 연구. 한국공학교육학회.
- 김영욱, 김학진, 손나리(2014). 인증이 자신의 전공과 동일분야 취직에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구. 한국공학교육학회.
- 기정훈, 주재현, 박재현(2011). 구조방정식을 통한 공학교육인증제도의 성과 분석: 공학인증프로그램 졸업생들의 인식조사를 중심으로, 한국정책연구, 11(3): 29-45.
- 성지미, 강승찬, 민동균(2009). 공학인증프로그램의 성과에 대한 조사연구. 공학교육연구, 12(4): 102-114.
- 송성진 외(2011). 인증실효성 확보방안 연구. 한국공학교육인증원.
- 신승윤(2008). 미국공학교육인증제도와 비교한 한국공학교육 인증제도의 개선방안. 공학교육, 15(2): 37-40.
- 조성희, 강소연(2012). 공학교육인증평가가 교육과정에 미친 영향 연구. 공학교육연구, 15(4): 58-65.
- 조옥경, 최금진(2013). 공학교육인증 평가체제의 메타평가 준거개발. 공학교육연구, 16(3): 28-41.
- 주재현, 기정훈, 임형백(2010). 공학교육인증제도의 효과성 평가: 공학교육인증 프로그램 졸업생들의 인식조사를 중심으로. 한국정책과학회보, 14(3): 55-78.
- 한국공학교육인증원(2009). 공학교육인증 성과 분석 보고서. 한국공학교육증원.
- 한국공학교육인증원(2011). 공학교육인증 성과분석 결과요약 보고서. 한국공학교육인증원.
- Boyatzis, A. S. (1982). The competence manager : A model for effective performance. New York, NY: J. Wiley.
- Dubois, D. D. (1993). Competency-based performance improvement: A strategy for organizational change. Amherst, MA: HRD press.
- Fletcher, S.,(1991). "NVQs Standards and Competence: A Practical Guide for Employers", Management and Trainers, London: Kogan Page.
- Hunter, J. E., & Hunter, R. F.(1984). "Validity and Utility of Alternative Predictors of Job Performance", Psychological Bulletin, January, 72-98.
- Hunter, J. E.(1986). "Cognitive Ability, Cognitive Aptitudes, Job Knowledge, and Job Performance", Journal of Vocational Behavior, December, 340-362.
- Klemp, G. O. (1980). The assessment of occupational competence. Washington, DC.: Report to the national institute of education, Boston, MA: Mcber and Co.
- McClelland, D. C. (1973). Testing for competence rather than for intelligence. American Psychologist, 28 (1): 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0034092
- McLagen, P. A., " The ASTD Training and Development Competency Study: A Model Building Challenge.", Training and Development Journal, May.
- Parry, S. R.(1996), "The Quest for Competencies", Training, 33 (7)): 48-56.
- Schimidt, F. L. & Hunter, J. E.(2001). "The Validity and Utility of Selection Methods in Personnel Psychology", in N. Anderson, D. S. Ones, H. K. Sinangil, and C. Viewesvaran, eds., Handbook of Industrial, Work & Organizational Psychology, 1.
- Spady, W.G., (2003). Outcome Based Education. In J.W. Guthrie (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Education (2nd. 1827-1831). MacMillan Reference Books.
- Spencer, L. & Spencer, S.,(1993). Competence at Work: Models for Superior Performance, New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- White, R.(1959). Motivation reconsidered: The concept of competence. Psychological Review, 66(1): 279-333.
- 한국공학교육인증원 http://www.abeek.or.kr/
Supported by : 한국공학교육학회의