- Volume 21 Issue 5
In this paper, an intelligent dimming control system is designed and implemented with the human visual response function using CDS sensor, PIR sensor and temperature sensor, etc. The proposed system is designed to detect a moving object by PIR sensor and to control the LED dimming considering the human visual response. Also, the dimming of LED light can modulate on the app, and simultaneously control dimming in real-world environments with smart phone app. A high-temperature warning or a fire hazard information is transmitted to user's smart phone according to sensor values and Data graph are provided as part of data visualization. Connecting the hardware controller, the proposed intelligent smart dimming control system is expected to contribute to the power reduction interior LED, smart grid building and saving home combining with internet of things.
Intelligent Dimming Design;Smart Dimming App;Dimming Control Board;Control on Visual Response
- E. S. Song, B. W. Min, and Y. S. Oh, "Design of Illumination Control System Using Microwave Sensors and Dimming Control," Journal of The Korea Contents Association, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 19-26, Dec. 2013.
- Y. H. Kwak, D. S. Kong, D. H. Seo, C. Y. Jang, and J. H. Huh, "Effect of Cooling Season Energy Saving Potentials with Blind and Dimming Control Strategies in a Research Building," Journal of Korean Institute of Architectural Sustainable Environment and Building Systems, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 168-175, Sep. 2011.
- J. C. Lee and H. J. Jang, "LED and Technology of Lighting System for Energy-saving IT Convergence Control Management," Proceedings of the Korean Institute of illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 15-20, Jan. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2012.26.1.015
- Y. E. Wu and K. C. Huang, "Smart Household Environment Illumination Dimming and Control," Journal of Display Technology, Vol. 11, Issue 12, pp. 997-1004, July 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/JDT.2015.2455152
- T. K. De and B. N. Chatterji, "An approach to a generalized technique for image contrast enhancement using the concept of fuzzy set," Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol. 25, pp. 145-158, Feb. 1988. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-0114(88)90183-2
- E. F. Schubert, "Light-Emitting Diodes" Cambridge University Press, pp. 275-291, 2006.
- J. A. Ferwerda, "Elements of early vision for computer graphics," IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol. 21, Issue. 5, pp. 22-33, Sep/Oct, 2001.
- K. W. Chung, "LED Smart lighting systems and platform strategy," The Proceedings of the Korean Institute of illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 4-12, May 2011.