- Volume 44 Issue 3
Block-glued glulam is a structural material that can be used as a construction member of a large-section wooden building, which is produced by edgewise bonding of two or more glulam beam elements. The edgewise bonding performance of the block-glued glulam was examined through delamination test and block shear strength test. According to the test results, the block-glued glulam that was manufactured with 1.5 MPa of compressive pressure after applying
Bending strength;block-glued glulam;delamination test;edgewise glued;modulus of elasticity;modulus of rupture
- Broughton, J. G., & Hutchinson, A. R. 2001. Adhesive systems for structural connections in timber. International journal of adhesion and adhesives, 21(3), 177-186. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0143-7496(00)00049-X
- DIN EN 14080. 2013. Timber structures - Glued laminated timber and glued solid timber - Requirements.
- DIN EN 15416-5. 2006. Adhesives for load bearing timber structures other than phenolic and aminoplastic - Test methods - Part 5: Determination of conventional pressing time.
- Frank, M., Dominik, N. 2012. New timber bridgesinventive design by block-gluing.
- Gerhard, D. L., Simon, A., Wolfgang, B. 2005. Reflection measurements at timber glue-lines by means of ultrasound shear waves. Otto-Graf-Journal Vol. 16: 273-284.
- KS F 2160. 2013. Determination of resistance to soaking delamination for adhesive-bonded wood products.
- KS F 3021. 2013. Structural glued laminated timber.
- Park, J. C., Hong, S. I. 2008. Strength properties of GFRP reinforced glulam beams bonded with polyvinyl acetate-based emulsion adhesive. J. Korean Wood Sci. Tech. 36(4): 19-25.
- Park, J. C., Shin, Y. J., Hong, S. I. 2009. Bonding performance of glulam reinforced with glass fiber-reinforced plastics. J. Korean Wood Sci. Tech. 37(4): 357-363.
- Simon, A., Gordian, S. 2014. Block glued glulam - bridges, beams and arches. WCTE. 2014. Quebec city canada August 10-14.
Supported by : 한국연구재단