- Volume 44 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Assessment of Carbon Emission for Quantification of Environmental Load on Structural Glued Laminated Timber in Korea
국산 구조용 집성재의 환경부하 정량화를 위한 온실가스 배출량 분석
Chang, Yoon-Seong;Kim, Sejong;Son, Whi-Lim;Lee, Sang-Joon;Shim, Kug-Bo;Yeo, Hwanmyeong;Kim, Kwang-Mo
- Received : 2016.02.04
- Accepted : 2016.03.14
- Published : 2016.05.25
This study was aimed to quantify the amount of carbon dioxide emissions and to suggest suitable plans which consider the carbon emission reduction in the manufacturing process of the domestic structural glued laminated timber. Field investigation on two glued laminated timber manufacturers was conducted to find out material flow input values such as raw materials, transportation, manufacturing process, and energy consumption during manufacturing process. Based on the collected data and the relevant literatures about life cycle inventory (LCI), the amount of carbon dioxide emission per unit volume was quantified. Results show that the carbon dioxide emissions for sawing, drying and laminating process are 31.0, 109.0, 94.2 kg
carbon emission;environmental quantification;glued laminated timber;life cycle inventory
- Cha, J.H. 2009. Life cycle inventory analysis of larch lumber and evaluation of greenhouse gas reduction potential of wooden house. Doctoral thesis. Seoul National University.
- Ecoinvent. http://www.ecoinvent.org/database/database.html
- IPCC. 2006. IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories.
- ISO. 2006. International Standard Organization: ISO 14040 Environmental management -Life cycle assessment -Principles and framework.
- Kang, K.S. 2010. Assessment of greenhouse gas emission reduction for larch timber beam wooden housing: an application of life cycle analysis approach. Master thesis. Seoul National University.
- Kim, J.D. 2015. Estimation and reduction strategies of carbon emissions from manufacture of wood landscape facilities. Master thesis. Kangwon National University.
- Korea Energy Agency. 2006. Application manual of energy-calory conversion standard.
- Korea Environmental Industry & Technology Institute. 2006. Guideline for life cycle inventory database construction.
- Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and building Technology. 2008. National database for environmental information of building products.
- Ministry of Environment. 2009. Guideline for carbon labeling.
- Ministry of Trade, Industry & Energy. 2015. Implementing regulations in energy law.
- National Institute of Forest Science. 2013. Estimation of greenhouse gas emissions of korean major timbers using life cycle assessment.
- National Institute of Forest Science. 2008. Wood properties of the useful tree species grown in Korea.
- Son, W.L., Park, J.S., Kim, K.M. 2014. Life cycle assessment of timber arch-truss bridge by using domestic Pinus rigida glued-laminated timber. Journal of Korean Wood Science and Technology. 42(1): 1-12. https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2014.42.1.1
Grant : 목재이용 기반기술 연구
Supported by : 국립산림과학원