- Volume 32 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Applicability of HWAW (Harmonic Wavelet Analysis of Waves) Method in Determining Grouting Effect in Dam and Embankment
제체 그라우팅 효과 평가를 위한 HWAW방법의 적용성 평가
Noh, Hee-Kwan;Park, Hyung-Choon
- Received : 2016.03.02
- Accepted : 2016.05.01
- Published : 2016.05.31
Dam and embankment are very important civil structures. Grouting is widely used to repair and maintain dam and embankment, and it is important to evaluate the effect of grouting for dam safety. The non-destructive method based on determination of wave velocity in the dam or embankment is effectively used to evaluate grouting effect because wave velocity is identical with stiffness and grouting increases local stiffness in a dam. In this paper, HWAW (Harmonic wavelet analysis of waves) method was applied to evaluate the grouting effect. HWAW method can determine two-dimensional shear wave velocity map with good spatial resolution and the shear velocity profile by the proposed method is sensitive to a variation of stiffness of target system. Through numerical simulation and field tests, the applicability of HWAW method in determining grouting effect is shown.
Dam;Grouting;HWAW method;Shear wave velocity
- Joh, S.H. (1996), Advanced in interpretation and analysis techniques for spectral analysis of surface waves (SASW) measurements. PhD Dissertation, The Unversity of Texas at Austin.
- Kim, D.S., Bang, E.S., and Kim, W.C. (2004), "Evaluation of Various Down Hole Data Reduction Methods to Obtain Reliable VS Profile", Geotechnical Testing Journal, Vol.27, No.6, pp.585-597.
- Kim, D.S., Kim, J.T., Park, H.J., Bang, E.S., and Park, H.C. (2015), "Verification Study for Surface Wave Method bsed on Harmonic Wavelet Analysis Waves Using a Large-scale Model Test Site", J. of Applied Geophysics, 113, pp.74-85. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jappgeo.2014.12.013
- Kausel, E. and Roesset, J.M. (1981), Stiffness matrices for layered soils, Bull Seismol Soc Am, 71, pp.1743-1761.
- Kausel, E. and Peek, R. (1982), Dynamic loads in the interior of a layered stratum: an explicit solution, Bull Seismol Soc Am, 72, pp.1459-1481.
- Park, C.B., Miller, R.D., and Xia, J. (1999), "Multi-channel Analysis of Surface Waves", Geophysics, Vol.64, No.3, pp.800-808. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1444590
- Park, H.C. and Kim, D.S. (2001), Evaluation of the Dispersive Phase and Group Velocities using Harmonic Wavelet Transform, NDT&E International, Vol.34, No.7, pp.457-467. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0963-8695(00)00076-1
- Park, H.C. and Kim, D.S. (2004a), "Development of Seismic Characterization Method Using HWAW(Harmonic Wavelet Analysis of Wave) Method (I)", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.24, No.2C, pp.105-115.
- Park, H.C. and Kim, D.S. (2004b), "Development of Seismic Characterization Method Using HWAW(Harmonic Wavelet Analysis of Wave) Method (II)", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.24, No.2C, pp.117-124.
- Park, H.C., Kim, D.S., and Lee, B.S. (2004), "Field Application of New Seismic Site Characterization Using HWAW (Harmonic Wavelet Analysis of Waves) Method", Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol.20, No.6, pp.1-9.
- Park, H.C., Kim, D.S., Bang, E.S., and Kim, J.T. (2007), Seismic Site Characterization using HWAW(Harmonic Wavelet Analysis of Waves) Method, 4th International Conference on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Park, H.C. and Hwang, H.J. (2012), "Development of Automated Inversion Method for HWAW Method Using Genetic Algorithm", Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol.28, No.8, pp.55-63.
- Park, H.C. (2012), HWAW (Harmonic Wavelet Analysis of waves) Analyzer v2.0 User's Manual, ChungNam National University.
- Song, S.H., Jang, W.W., Kim, J.H., Kim, J.S. and Kim, J.C. (2002), "Electrical Resistivity Survey for Evaluation of Reinforced Region by Cement Grouting in Dike", Engineering Geology, Vol.12, No.1, pp.63-73.
- Society for the research of civil enginnering construction method (2003), Practical Grouting Method, Construction Information Co.
- Stokoe, K. H. and Woods, R. D. (1972), "In Situ Shear Wave Velocity by Cross-hole Method, Journal of the Soil Mechanics and Foundations Divisions", ASCE, Vol.98, No.SM5, pp.443-459.
- Stokoe, K.H., Wright, S.G., Bay, J.A., and Roesset, J.M. (1994), Characterization of geotechnical sites by SASW method. In: Woods RD, editor. Geotechnical characterization of sites, New Delhi, India: Oxford and IBH Publishing Co., pp.15-26.
Supported by : 충남대학교