- Volume 10 Issue 6
This research focuses on seismic performance of a class of single pier skewed bridges with three different pier-deck connections; skew angles vary from
skewed bridge;pier-deck connection;single pier;nonlinear time history;combined loading;torsion;fixed bearing;sliding bearing;shear key
- AASHTO (2012), AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specification, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials.
- Akbari, R. and Maalek, Sh. (2010), "Adequacy of the seismic analysis method for single-column-bent viaducts considering regularity and higher modes effects", J. Vib. Control, 16(6), 827-852. https://doi.org/10.1177/1077546309103422
- Attarchain, N., Kalantari, A. and Moghaddam, A.S. (2013), "Cyclic behavior modeling of rectangular RC bridge piers using OpenSees", Proceedings of the: 4th ECCOMAS Thematic Conference on Computational Methods in Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, COMPDYN 2013. Kos Island, Greece.
- Aviram, A., Mackie, K.R. and Stojadinovic, B. (2008), Guidelines for Nonlinear Analysis of Bridge Structures in California, PEER Report. 2008/03.
- Baker, J.W., Lin, T., Shahi, S.K. and Jayaram, N. (2011), New Ground Motion Selection Procedures and Selected Motions for the PEER Transportation Research Program, PEER Report 2011/03.
- Bhagwat, M., Sasmal, S., Novak, B. and Upadhyay, A. (2011), "Investigations on seismic response of two span cable-stayed bridges", Earthq. Struct., 2(4), 337-356. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2011.2.4.337
- Caltrans SDC, (2010), Caltrans seismic design criteria version 1.6, California Department of Transportation, Sacramento.
- Casarotti, Ch. and Pinho, R. (2006), "Seismic response of continuous span bridges through fiber-based finite element analysis", Earthq. Eng. Eng. Vib., 5(1), 119-131. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11803-006-0631-0
- CEN European Committee for Normalization, Eurocode 8 (2004), Design of Structures for Earthquake Resistance-Part 1, general rules, seismic actions and rules for buildings, EN 1998-1.
- CEN European Committee for Normalization, Eurocode 2 (2004), Design of concrete structures-Part 1-1, general rules and rules for buildings, EN 1992-1-1.
- CEN European Committee for Normalization, Eurocode 8 (2005), Design of Structures for Earthquake Resistance-Part 2, Bridges, EN 1998-2.
- Elnashai, A.S., Gencturk, B., Kwon, O.S., Al-Qadi, I., Hashash, Y., Roesler, J.R., Kim, S.J., Jeong, S.H., Dukes, J. and Valdivia, A. (2010), "The Maule (Chile) Earthquake of February 27, 2010, consequence assessment and case studies", MAE Center, Report No. 10-04, 208.
- Ghobarah, A.A. and Tso, W.K. (1974), "Seismic analysis of skewed highway bridges with intermediate supports", Earthq. Eng. Struct. Dyn., 2(3), 235-248.
- Ijima, K., Obiya, H., Aramaki, G. and Kawasaki, N. (2001) "A study on preventing the fall of skew and curved bridge decks by using rubber bearings", Struct. Eng. Mech., 12(4), 347-362. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2001.12.4.347
- Isakovi'C, T., Lazaro, M. and Fischinger, M. (2008), "Applicability of pushover methods for the seismic analysis of single column bent viaducts", Earthq. Eng. Struct. Dyn., 37(8), 1185-1202. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.813
- Kalantari, A. and Amjadian, M. (2010), "An approximate method for dynamic analysis of skewed highway bridges with continuous rigid deck", Eng. Struct., 32(9), 2850-2860. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2010.05.004
- Kappos, A.J., Manolis, G.D. and Moschonas, I.F. (2002), "Seismic Assessment and design of R/C bridges with irregular configuration, including SSI effects", Eng. Struct., 24(10), 1337-1348. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(02)00068-8
- Kaviani, P., Zareian, F. and Taciroglu, E. (2012), "Seismic behavior of reinforced concrete bridges with skew-angled seat-type abutments", Eng. Struct., 45, 137-150. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2012.06.013
- Kawashima, K., Takahashi, Y., Ge, H., Wu, Z. and Zhang, J. (2009), "Reconnaissance report on damage of bridges in 2008 Wenchuan, China, Earthquake", J. Earthq. Eng., 13(7), 965-996. https://doi.org/10.1080/13632460902859169
- Mackie, K.R. and Stojadinovic, B. (2005), Fragility Basis for California Highway Overpass Bridge Seismic Decision Making, PEER Report. 2005/12.
- Mander, J.B., Priestley, M.J.N. and Park, R. (1988), "Theoretical stress-strain model for confined concrete", J. Struct. Eng., ASCE, 114(8), 1804-1826. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1988)114:8(1804)
- Menegotto, M. and Pinto, P.E. (1973), "Method of analysis for cyclically loaded R.C. plane frames including changes in geometry and non-elastic behavior of elements under combined normal force and bending", Symposium on the Resistance and Ultimate Deformability of structures Acted on by Well Defined Repeated Loads, International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering, Zurich, Switzerland. Lisbon: IABSE Report, Vol.13, Final Report, 15-22.
- Meng, J.Y. and Lui, E.M. (2000), "Seismic analysis and assessment of a skew highway bridge", Eng. Struct., 22(11), 1433-1452. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(99)00097-8
- Mohti, A.A. and Pekcan, G. (2008), "Seismic response of skewed RC box-girder bridges", Earthq. Eng. Eng. Vib., 7(4), 415-426. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11803-008-1007-4
- Olmos, B.A. and Roesset, J.M. (2010), "Effects of the nonlinear behavior of lead-rubber bearings on the seismic response of bridges", Earthq. Struct., 1(2), 215-230. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2010.1.2.215
- OpenSees (2008), OpenSees Development Team, Open System for Earthquake Engineering Simulations, Version 2.3.0. Available from: http://opensees.berkeley.edu.
- Pinto, A.V., Verzeletti, G., Pegon, P., Magonetto, G., Negro, P. and Guedes, J. (1996), Pseudo-Dynamic and shaking table tests on RC bridges ECOEST-PrEC8, Report No.5, Brussels.
- Priestley, M.J.N., Calvi, G.M. and Kowalsky, M.J. (2007), Displacement-Based Seismic Design of Structures, IUSS PRESS, Pavia, Italy.
- Priestley, M.J.N., Seible, F. and Calvi, G.M. (1996), Seismic Design and Retrofit of Bridges, New York, NY, Wiley.
- Priestley, M.J.N., Verma, R. and Xiao, Y. (1994), "Seismic shear strength of reinforced concrete columns", J. Struct. Eng., ASCE, 120(8), 2310-2329. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1994)120:8(2310)
- Qiang, H., Xiuli, D., Zhou, Y. and Lee, G.C. (2013), "Experimental study of hollow rectangular bridge column performance under vertical and cyclically bilateral loads", Earthq. Eng. Eng. Vib., 12(3), 433-445. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11803-013-0184-y
- Qiang, H., Yulong, Z., Xiuli, D., Chao, H. and George, C.L. (2014), "Experimental and numerical studies on seismic performance of hollow RC bridge columns", Earthq. Struct., 7(3), 251-265. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2014.7.3.251
- Sadrossadat, Z.M. and Saiidi, S. (2007), Pre-test Analytical Studies of NEESR-SG 4-Span Bridge Model Using OpenSees. Report No. CCEER-07-3, Reno Nevada.
- Somerville, P.G. (2002), "Characterizing near fault ground motion for the design and evaluation of bridges", Proceedings of the Third National Seismic Conference and Workshop on Bridges and Highways, Available from: http://peer.berkeley.edu/research/peertestbeds/Hbt/PaperonNearFaultGroundMotion.pdf.
- Yen, Ph., Chen, G., Yashinsky, M., Hashash, Y., Holub, C., Wang, K. and Guo, X. (2011a), China Earthquake Reconnaissance Report: Performance of Transportation Structures During the May 12, 2008, M7.9 Wenchuan Earthquake. The Federal Highway Administration, Publication No. FHWA-HRT-11-029 Oct, 54.
- Yen, Ph., Chen, G., Buckle, I., Allen, T., Alzamora, D., Jeffrey, G. and Aria, J.G. (2011b), Post earthquake Reconnaissance Report on Transportation Infrastructure Impact of the February 27, 2010, Offshore Maule Earthquake in Chile, The Federal Highway Administration, Publication No. FHWA-HRT-11-030 Oct, 218.
- Zhao, B. and Taucer, F. (2010), "Performance of infrastructure during the May 12, 2008 Wenchuan earthquake in China", J. Earthq. Eng., 14(4), 578-600. https://doi.org/10.1080/13632460903274053
- Zhiqiang, W. and Lee, G.C. (2009), "A comparative study of bridge damage due to the Wenchuan, Northridge, Loma Prieta and San Fernando earthquakes", Earthq. Eng. Eng. Vib., 8(2), 251-261. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11803-009-9063-y
- Ramanathan, K., Jeon, J.S., Zakeri, B., DesRoches, R. and Padgett, J.E. (2015), "Seismic response prediction and modeling considerations for curved and skewed concrete box-girder bridges", Earthq. Struct., 9(6), 1153-1179. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2015.9.6.1153
Supported by : International Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Seismology (IIEES)