- Volume 58 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Hydrologic Modeling for Agricultural Reservoir Watersheds Using the COMFARM
COMFARM을 이용한 농업용저수지 유역 수문 모델링
- Song, Jung-Hun ;
- Park, Jihoon ;
- Kim, Kyeung ;
- Ryu, Jeong Hoon ;
- Jun, Sang Min ;
- Kim, Jin-Taek ;
- Jang, Taeil ;
- Song, Inhong ;
- Kang, Moon Seong
- Received : 2016.02.25
- Accepted : 2016.05.23
- Published : 2016.05.31
The component-based modeling framework for agricultural water-resources management (COMFARM) is a user-friendly, highly interoperable, lightweight modeling framework that supports the development of watershed-specific domain components. The objective of this study was to evaluate the suitability of the COMFARM for the design and creation of a component-based modeling system of agricultural reservoir watersheds. A case study that focused on a particular modeling system was conducted on a watershed that includes the Daehwa and Dangwol serial irrigation reservoirs. The hydrologic modeling system for the study area was constructed with linkable components, including the modified Tank, an agricultural water supply and drainage model, and a reservoir water balance model. The model parameters were each calibrated for two years, based on observed reservoir water levels. The simulated results were in good agreement with the observed data. In addition, the applicability of the COMFARM was evaluated for regions where reservoir outflows, including not only spillway release but also return flow by irrigation water supply, substantially affect the downstream river discharge. The COMFARM could help to develop effective water-management measures by allowing the construction of a modeling system and evaluation of multiple operational scenarios customized for a specific watershed.
COMFARM;agricultural water;agricultural reservoir;modeling system;hydrologic modeling
- Ahuja, L. R., L. Ma, and T. A. Howell, 2010. Agricultural system models in field research and technology transfer. Boca Raton, Florida, USA.: Lewis Publishers, CRC press.
- An, J. H., J. H. Song, M. S. Kang, I. Song, S. M. Jun, and J. Park, 2015. Regression equations for estimating the TANK model parameters. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 57(4): 121-133 (in Korean).
- Argent, R. M. 2004. An overview of model integration for environmental applications-components, frameworks and semantics. Environmental Modelling & Software 19(3): 219-234. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1364-8152(03)00150-6
- Costanza, R., and A. Voinov, 2003. Landscape Simulation Modeling: A Spatially Explicit, Dynamic Approach. New York, USA: Springer.
- Huh, Y. M., C. E. Park, and S. W. Park, 1993. A streamflow network model for daily water supply and demands on small watershed (II): model development. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 35(2): 23-32 (in Korean).
- Jesiek, J. B., and M. L. Wolfe, 2005. Sensitivity analysis of the Virginia phosphorus index management tool. Transactions of the ASAE 48(5): 1773-1781. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.20011
- Kang, M. S., 2015. Development of a rural water resources assessment tool. 11-1543000-001006-01. Sejong, Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (in Korean).
- Kang, M. S., J. H. Song, J. Park, I. Song, W. S. Kee, and J. T. Kim, 2015. An introduction of a component-based modeling framework for agricultural water-resource management. Rural Resources 57(1): 55-62 (In Korean).
- Kang, M. S., P. Srivastava, J. H. Song, J. Park, Y. Her, S. M. Kim, and I. Song, 2016. Development of a component-based modeling framework for agricultural water-resource management. Water (Under review).
- Kim, H. Y., and S. W. Park, 1988. Simulating daily inflow and release rates for irrigation reservoirs (1). Journal of Korea Society of Agricultural Engineers 30 (1): 50-62 (in Korean).
- Kim, K., J. H. Song, J. H Ahn, J. Park, S. M. Jun, I. Song, and M. S. Kang, 2014. Evaluation of the Tank model optimized parameter for watershed modeling.
- Leavesley, G. H., S. L. Markstrom, M. S. Brewer, and R. J. Viger, 1996. The modular modeling system (MMS) - The physical process modeling component of a database- centered decision support system for water and power management. Water Air and Soil Pollution 90: 303-311. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00619290
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF), 1997. A study on the water requirement variation with the farming conditions in the paddy field, Gwacheon, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (in Korean).
- Moriasi, D. N., J. G. Arnold, M. W. Van Liew, R. L. Bingner, R. D. Harmel, T. L. Veith, 2007. Model evaluation guidelines for systematic quantification of accuracy in watershed simulations. Transaction of the ASABE, 50(3): 885-990. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.23153
- Nash, J. E., and J. V. Sutcliffe, 1970. River flow forecasting through conceptual models part I - A discussion of principles. Journal of hydrology 10(3): 282-290. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1694(70)90255-6
- Rahman, J. M., S. P. Seaton, J. M. Perraud, H. Hotham, D. I. Verrelli, and J. R. Coleman, 2003. It's TIME for a new environmental modelling framework. MODSIM 2003 International Congress on Modelling and Simulation, 1727-1732. Townsville, Australia: Modelling and Simulation Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc..
- Rizzoli, A. E., J. R. Davis, and D. J. Abel, 1998. Model and data integration and re-use in environmental decision support systems. Decision Support Systems 24: 127-144. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-9236(98)00068-2
- Song, J. H., 2013. A daily surface drainage simulation model for irrigation districts consisting of paddy and protected cultivation. M.S. diss., Seoul, Seoul National University (in Korean).
- Song, J. H., I. Song, J. T. Kim, and M. S. Kang, 2015. Simulation of Agricultural Water Supply Considering Yearly Variation of Irrigation Efficiency. Journal of Korea Water Resources Association 48(6): 425-438 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2015.48.6.425
- Song, J. H., M. S. Kang, I. H. Song, S. H. Hwang, J. H. Park, and J. H. Ahn, 2013. Surface drainage simulation model for irrigation districts composed of paddy and protected cultivation. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 55(3): 63-73 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2013.55.3.063
- Song, J. H., M. S. Kang, I. Song, and S. M. Jun, 2016. Water balance in irrigation reservoirs considering flood control and irrigation efficiency variation. Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering 142(4): 04016003-1-04016003-15. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)IR.1943-4774.0000989
- Storm, D. E., T. A. Dillaha, S. Mostaghimi, and V. O. Shanholtz, 1988. Modeling phosphorus transport in surface runoff. Transactions of the ASAE 31(1): 117-127. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.30676
- Sydelko, P. J., K. A. Majerus, J. E. Dolph, and T. N. Taxon, 1999. A dynamic object-oriented architecture approach to ecosystem modeling and simulation. American Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing Annual Conference, Portland, Oregon, USA.
- Whelan, G., K. J. Castleton, J. W. Buck, B. L. Hoopes, M. A. Pelton, D. L. Strenge, G. M. Gleston, and R. N. Kickert, 1997. Concepts of a framework for risk analysis in multimedia environmental systems. Richland, Wash., USA: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory.
Grant : 농촌용수 물순환 종합해석 모형 기술 개발
Supported by : 농림수산식품기술기획평가원