- Volume 58 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Behavior of Seepage and Seismic for the Deterioration Reservoir Using Numerical Analysis
수치해석에 의한 노후저수지의 침투 및 동적거동
- Received : 2016.05.16
- Accepted : 2016.05.25
- Published : 2016.05.31
It is significant to redevelop the deterioration reservoir through raising for countermeasure to climate change and Earthquake improvement of reservoir. This study aims to investigate the behavior of deterioration reservoir with poor-fabricated core subjected to raising water level and earthquake using numerical analysis. From the analysis results, water level raising and earthquakes induce crack and subsidences at the crown and the front side of deterioration reservoir. For the reinforcement of the deterioration reservoir is required appropriate measures method and raised method suitable, drainage and slope protection method judged to be necessary.
Numerical analysis;Seepage;Water level raising;Earthquake;deterioration reservoir
- Armstrong, P. J. and C. O. Frederick, 1966. A mathematical representation of the multiaxial Bauschinger effect. Central Electricity Generating Board and Berkeley Nuclear Laboratories. Research & Development Department.
- Choo, Y. W., S. H. Lee, M. K. Kim, and D. S. Kim, 2011. A Study on the Criteria for the Earthquake Safety Evaluation of Fill Dams. Journal of the Earthquake Society of Korea 15(6):19-31 (in Korean).
- Horii, K., M. Tateyama, Y. Uchida, J. Koseki, and F. Tatsuoka, 1997. Permanent displacement accompanied by circular failure of railway embankments due to seismic loading. the 32nd annual meeting of Japanese Geotechnical Society 946: 1895-1896.
- Kim, J. S., J. M. Lee, H. W. Lee, and J. H. Jeong, 2009. A study on the stability of the breakwater according to replacement-layer change under earthquake loading. Proc. of the 35th Annual Conference of Korean Society of Civil Engineers : 2873-2876 (in Korean).
- Kim, M. K., S. H. Lee, Y. W. Choo, and D. S. Kim, 2011. Seismic behaviors of earth-core and concrete-faced rock-fill dams by dynamic centrifuge tests. Soil dynamics and earthquake engineering 31(11): 1579-1593. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2011.06.010
- Kim, Y. I., K. S. Yeon, K. S. Kim, J. W. Jeong, and Y. S. Kim, 2011. An experimental study of reservoir failure phenomena according to transitional zone : spillway scour during overflow. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 53(2) (2011): 27-33 (in Korean).
- Lee, C. W., 2012. A study on dynamic stability of unsaturated road embankments using dynamic centrifugal model tests, Ph.D. dissertation, Kyoto University, Japan.
- Lee, C. W., Higo, Y. and Oka, F., 2014. Dynamic-stability Evaluation of Unsaturated Road Embankments with Different Water Contents. Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society 30(6): 5-21.
- Lee, C. W., S. Y. Park, H. M. Oh, and Y. S. Kim, 2015. Numerical simulation seepage and seismic behaviors of poorly compacted raised reservoir levee. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 57(4): 85-99 (in Korean).
- Lim, H. D. and S. Y. Park, 1996. A study of load transfer hydraulic fracturing in Juam main dam and regulation dam, Journal of the Korean Society of civil engineers 16(3_3): 303-301.
- Matsuo, O., T. Shimazu, R. Uzuoka, M. Mihara, and K. Nishi, 2000. Numerical analysis of seismic behavior of embankments founded on liquefiable soils, Soils and Foundations, 40(2): 21-39. https://doi.org/10.3208/sandf.40.2_21
- Naghdi, P. M. and J. A. Trapp, 1975. Restrictions on constitutive equations of finitely deformed elasto-plastic materials. Quarterly Journal of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics 28(1): 25-46. https://doi.org/10.1093/qjmam/28.1.25
- Oka, F. and H. Washizu, 1981. Constitutive equations for sand and overconsolidated clays. Proc. Int. Conference on Recent Advances in Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics. St. Louis, 1: 71-74.
- Oka, F., 1982. Constitutive equations for granular materials in cyclic loadings. Proc. IUTAM Conference on Deformation and Failure of Granular Materials. Delft, Vermeer, P. A. and Luger, H. J. eds., Balkema.
- Oka, F., T. Kodaka, S. Kimoto, Y. S. Kim, and N. Yamasaki, 2006. A multi-phase coupled FE analysis using an elastoviscoplastic model for unsaturated soil. Geomechanics II, Geotechnical Special Publication, ASCE, Proc. 2nd US-Japan workshop on Geomechanics.
- Oka, F., A. Yashima, A. Tateishi, Y. Taguchi, and S. Yamashita, 1999. A cyclic elastoplastic constitutive model for sand considering a plastic-strain dependence of the shear modulus. Geotechnique 49(5): 661-680. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19188.8.131.521
- Okusa, S., 1985. Wave-induced stresses in unsaturated submarine sediments. Geotechnique 35(4): 517-532. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19184.108.40.2067
- Shin, J. H., 2003. A study on the behavior of an earth and rockfill dam due to reservoir water. Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society 19(6):61-70.
- The LIQCA Research and Development Group (Representative: Oka, F. of Kyoto University), 2009. User's manual for LIQCA2D09 (in Japanese).
- van Genuchten, M. T., 1980. A closed-form equation for predicting the hydraulic conductivity of unsaturated soils. Soil Science Society of America Journal 44: 892-898. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj1980.03615995004400050002x
Supported by : 소방방재청