- Volume 58 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Seismic Behavior of Deterioration Reservoir Embankment Using Dynamic Centrifugal Model Tests
동적원심모형실험에 의한 재개발 저수지의 동적 거동특성
Park, Sung-Yong;Chang, Suk-Hyun;Lim, Hyun-Taek;Kim, Jung-Meyon;Kim, Yong-Seong
- Received : 2016.05.23
- Accepted : 2016.05.25
- Published : 2016.05.31
Recently, lots of damages have been lost because large magnitude earthquakes were occurred in the world. It has been increased the number of earthquakes in Korea. It needs improvement required for the repair of deteriorated reservoirs, reinforcement and raised reservoir coping with climate change and earthquake. This study aims to investigate the seismic behavior of deterioration reservoir levee using dynamic centrifugal model test. Therefore, two case tests in centrifugal field of 60 g, the result has provided the influence on the acceleration response, displacement, settlement and the pore water pressure of the reservoir with earthquakes. From the results larger displacement and acceleration response at the front side of reservoir embankment with poor-fabricated core in seismic condition may degrade overall stability. Reasonable reinforcement method of the raised reservoir embankment is required for ensuring long-term stability on earthquake.
Deteriorated reservoirs;dynamic centrifugal model test;earthquakes;seismic behavior
- Choo, Y., S. H. Lee, M. K. Kim, and D. S. Kim, 2011. A Study on the Criteria for the Earthquake Safety Evaluation of Fill Dams. Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea 15(6): 19-31 (in Korean).
- Im, E. S., M. W. Seo, I. S. Ha, and W. G. Kim, 2005. Simulation of Earth-fill Dam Behavior Subjected to Water Level Variation Using Geotechnical Centrifuge. Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers 25(2C): 95-102.
- Kim, D. S., N. R. Kim, Y. W. Choo, and G. C. Cho, 2013. A newly developed state-of-the-art geotechnical centrifuge in Korea. KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering 7(1): 77-84.
- Kim, D. S., S. H. Lee, and Y. W. Choo, 2013. Self-balanced Earthquake Simulator on Centrifuge and Dynamic Performance Verification. KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering 17(4): 651-661. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12205-013-1591-3
- Kim, Y. I., K. S. Yeon, K. S. Kim, J. W. Jeong, and Y. S. Kim, 2011. An experimental study of reservoir failure phenomena according to transitional zone : spillway scour during overflow. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 53(2) (2011): 27-33 (in Korean).
- Lee, C. W., Y. S. Maeng, and Y. S. Kim, 2014. Studies on Behavior Characteristics of Raised Reservoir Levee Using Centrifugal Model Test. Journal of Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation 14(3): 151-161 (in Korean).
- Lee, C. W., S. Y. Park, H. M. Oh, and Y. S. Kim, 2015. Numerical simulation seepage and seismic behaviors of poorly compacted raised reservoir levee. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 57(4): 85-99 (in Korean).
- Lee, S. H., Y. W. Choo, and D. S. Kim, 2013. Performance of an Equivalent Shear Beam (ESB) Model Container for Dynamic Geotechnical Centrifuge Tests. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering 44: 102-114. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2012.09.008
- Schofield, A. N., 1980. Cambridge geotechnical centrifuge operation. Geotechnique 20(3): 227-268.
- Yoon, Y. S., 2014. Stability evaluation of a tide embankment using centrifugal model tests. Ph.D. dissertation, Kangwon National University (in Korean).
Supported by : 국민안전처