- Volume 20 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Effect of Random Node Distribution on the Throughput in Infrastructure-Supported Erasure Networks
인프라구조 도움을 받는 소거 네트워크에서 용량에 대한 랜덤 노드 분포의 효과
- Received : 2016.04.03
- Accepted : 2016.04.12
- Published : 2016.05.31
The nearest-neighbor multihop routing with/without infrastructure support is known to achieve the optimal capacity scaling in a large packet-erasure network in which multiple wireless nodes and relay stations are regularly placed and packets are erased with a certain probability. In this paper, a throughput scaling law is shown for an infrastructure-supported erasure network where wireless nodes are randomly distributed, which is a more feasible scenario. We use an exponential decay model to suitably model an erasure probability. To achieve high throughput in hybrid random erasure networks, the multihop routing via highway using the percolation theory is proposed and the corresponding throughput scaling is derived. As a main result, the proposed percolation highway based routing scheme achieves the same throughput scaling as the nearest-neighbor multihop case in hybrid regular erasure networks. That is, it is shown that no performance loss occurs even when nodes are randomly distributed.
Throughput scaling;Erasure network;Infrastructure;Multihop;Percolation highway;Relay station
- P. Gupta and P. R. Kumar, "The capacity of wireless networks," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 388-404, Mar. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/18.825799
- M. Franceschetti, O. Dousse, D. N. C. Tse, and P. Thiran, "Closing the gap in the capacity of wireless networks via percolation theory," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 1009-1018, Mar. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2006.890791
- F. Xue, L.-L. Xie, and P. R. Kumar, "The transport capacity of wireless networks over fading channels," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 834-847, Mar. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2004.842628
- W.-Y. Shin, S.-Y. Chung, and Y. H. Lee, "Parallel opportunistic routing in wireless networks," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 59, no. 10, pp. 6290-6300, Oct. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2013.2272884
- A. Ozgur, O. Leveque, and D. N. C. Tse, "Hierarchical cooeration achieves optimal capacity scaling in ad hoc networks," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 53, no. 10, pp. 3549-3572, Oct. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2007.905002
- B. Liu, Z. Liu, and D. Towsley, "On the capacity of hybrid wireless networks," in Proceedings of the IEEE INFOCOM, San Francisco, CA USA, pp. 1543-1552, Mar. 2003.
- A. Zemlianov and G. de Veciana, "Capacity of ad hoc wireless networks with infrastructure support," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 657-667, Mar. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2004.842536
- W.-Y. Shin, "Refined routing algorithm in hybrid networks with different transmission rates," IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 1242-1246, May 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2011.020411.100041
- W.-Y. Shin, S.-W. Jeon, N. Devroye, M. H. Vu, S.-Y. Chung, Y. H. Lee, and V. Tarokh, "Improved capacity scaling in wireless networks with infrastructure," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 5088-5102, Aug. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2011.2158881
- A. Dana, R. Gowaikar, and B. Hassibi, "Capacity of wireless erasure networks," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 789-804, Mar. 2006.
- B. Smith, P. Gupta, and S. Vishwanath, "Routing is order-optimal in broadcast erasure networks with interference," in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), Nice, France, pp. 141-145, June 2007.
- W.-Y. Shin and A. Kim, "Capacity scaling of infrastructuresupported erasure networks," IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 485-487, May 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2011.032111.102421
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)