- Volume 20 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Power Allocation and Splitting Algorithm with Low-complexity for SWIPT in Energy Harvesting Networks
에너지 하베스팅 네트워크에서 SWIPT를 위한 저복잡도를 갖는 파워 할당 및 분할 알고리즘
Lee, Kisong;Ko, JeongGil
- Received : 2016.04.05
- Accepted : 2016.04.18
- Published : 2016.05.31
Recently, energy harvesting, in which energy is collected from RF signals, has been regarded as a promising technology to improve the lifetime of sensors by alleviating the lack of power supply problem. In this paper, we try to propose an efficient algorithm for simultaneous wireless information and power transfer. At first, we find the lower bound of water-level using the probability density function of channel, and derive the solution of power allocation in energy harvesting networks. In addition, we derive an efficient power splitting method for satisfying the minimum required harvested energy constraint. The simulation results confirm that the proposed scheme improves the average data rate while guaranteeing the minimum required harvested energy constraint, compared with the conventional scheme. In addition, the proposed algorithm can reduce the computational complexity remarkably with insignificant performance degradation less than 10%, compared to the optimal solution.
Energy Harvesting;Simultaneous Wireless Information and Power Transfer;Power Allocation and Splitting;Low-Complexity
- Study on enhancements for MTC, 3GPP TR Std. TR 22.888, v.0.4.0, 2011.
- M. Pinuela, P. Mitcheson, and S. Lucyszyn, "Ambient RF energy harvesting in urban and semi-urban environments," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 2715-2726, July 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2013.2262687
- L. R. Varshney, "Transporting information and energy simultaneously," in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Inf. Theory (ISIT), pp. 1612-1616, July 2008.
- L. Liu, R. Zhang, and K. Chua, "Wireless information transfer with opportunistic energy harvesting," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 288-300, Jan. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2012.113012.120500
- L. Liu, R. Zhang, and K. Chua, "Wireless information and power transfer: a dynamic power splitting approach," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 61, no. 9, pp. 3990-4001, Sep. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2013.071813.130105
- K. Lee and J.-P. Hong, "Energy efficient resource allocation for simultaneous information and energy transfer with imperfect channel estimation," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 2775-2780, Apr. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2015.2416754
- R. Berry and R. Gallager, "Communication over fading channels with delay constraints," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 1135-1149, May 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/18.995554
- B. Hassibi and B. M. Hochwald, "How much training is needed in multiple-antenna wireless links?," IEEE. Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 951-963, Apr. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2003.809594
- W. Yu and R. Lui, "Dual methods for nonconvex spectrum optimization of multicarrier systems," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 1310-1322, July 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2006.877962
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)