- Volume 20 Issue 5
The PS algorithm divides the number of tags within the identification range of reader into smaller groups by increasing the transmission power incrementally and identifies them. It limits the number of responding tags by grouping the tags within the identification range of the reader, and thus can reduce the probability of tag collision. Also, in the PS algorithm, the reader takes advantages of the difference of identification ranges. This algorithm uses the fixed frame size at every scan. Therefore, it has problems that the performance can be shown variously according to the number of tags and frame size. In this paper, we propose an EPS algorithm that allocates the optimal frame size by estimating the number of tags at each scan, and apply it into the STAC protocol. The simulation results showed that STAC/EPS algorithm can improve the identification delay about 45% compared with STAC protocol. Also, it provides a stable identification delay regardless of power level increase.
RFID;Anti-collision algorithm;STAC protocol;PS algorithm
- EPCglobal, "EPC Radio-Frequency Identity Protocols Class-1 Generation-2 UHF RFID Protocols for Communication at 860 MHz-960MHz, Ver.1.2.0," EPCGlobal Inc., Oct. 2008.
- ISO/IEC, "Information Technology - Radio Frequency Identification for Item Management - Part 6: Parameters for Air Interface Communication at 860-960 MHz, 18000-6," ISO/IEC, 2006.
- Auti-ID Center, 13.56MHz ISM Band Class 1 Radio Frequency Identification Tag Interface Specification: Candidate Recommendation, Version 1.0.0, May 2003.
- Auto-ID Center, 860MHz-930MHz Class 0 Radio Frequency Identification Tag Protocol Specification Candidate Recommendation, Version 1.0.0, June 2003.
- S. Lee, S. Joo, and C. Lee, "An Enhanced Dynamic Framed Slotted ALOHA Algorithm for RFID Tag Identification," Proc. of the Second Annual International Conf. on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Networking and Services (MobiQuitous'05), pp.166-172, July 2005.
- W. Su, N. V. Alchazidis, and T. T. Ha, "Multiple RFID Tags Access Algorithm," IEEE Trans. Mobile Computing, vol.9, no.2, pp.174-187, Feb. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2009.106
- I. Lim, "Performance Improvement of STAC Protocol by Grouping the Number of Tags," Journal of KIICE, vol.19, no.4, pp.807-812, Apr. 2015.
- ISO/IEC, 18000 Part 4: Parameters for Air Interface Communications at 2.45GHz, ISO, 2004.
- I. Lim, "An Enhanced Progressive Scanning ALgorithm for Improving Tag Identification Performance," International Journal of Multimedia and Ubiquitous Engineering, vol.9, no.6, pp.93-104, June 2014.
- I. Lim, "Dynamic Frame Size Allocation Scheme based on Estimaed Number of Tags," Journal of KIICE, vol.13, no.3, pp.469-474, Mar. 2009.
Supported by : Busan University of Foreign Studies