- Volume 20 Issue 5
This paper proposed an efficient multiple TCP mechanism using Android smartphones for remote control video Wi-Fi stream transmission via network communications in real time. The wireless video stream transmission mechanism can be applied in various area such as real time server stream transmissions, movable drones, disaster robotics and real time security monitoring systems. Moreover, we urgently need to transmit data in timely fashion such as medical emergency, security surveillance and disaster prevention. Our parallel TCP transmission system can play an important role in several area such as real time server stream transmissions, movable drones, disaster robotics and real time security monitoring systems as mentioned in the previous sentence. Therefore, we designed and implemented a parallel TCP transmission (parallel stream) for an efficient real time video streaming services. In conclusion, we evaluated proposed mechanism using parallel TCP transmission under various environments with performance analysis.
Smartphone;Parallel TCP Transmission;Streaming Service
- L. Keller, A. Le, and B. Cici, "MicroCast: Cooperative Video Streaming on Smartphones," in Proceeding of the 10th international conference on Mobile systems, applications and services (MobiSys '12), pp. 55-70, June 2012.
- M. Hoque, M. Siekkinen, and J. Nurminen, "Energy Efficient Multimedia Streaming to Mobile Devices - A Survey," IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 579-597, Nov. 2012.
- P. Yavandara, "The Video Streaming over Wi-Fi Network Application Client on the Android Platform," International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology & Security (IJCSITS), vol. 3, no.4, pp. 297-302, Aug. 2013.
- T. Hacker, B. Athey, and B. Noble, "The End-to-End Performance Effects of Parallel TCP Sockets on a Lossy Wide-Area Network," in Proceeding of IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing (IPDPS'02), pp. 434-443, 2002.
- R. Kusching, I. Kofler, and H. Hellwagner, "Improving Internet Video Streaming Performance by Parallel TCPbased Request-Response Streams," 7th IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference, pp. 1-5, Jan. 2010.
- J. Kim, E. Yildirim, and T. Kosar, "A highly-accurate and low-overhead prediction model for transfer throughput optimization," in Proceeding of Data-Intensive Scalable Computing Systems (DISCS) Workshop, pp. 787-795, Nov. 2012.
- E. Yildirim, J. Kim, and T. Kosar, "How GridFTP Pipelining, Parallelism and Concurrency Work: A Guide for optimizing large dataset transfers," in Proceeding of IEEE/ACM Supercomputing'12 Workshop on Network- Aware Data Management (NDM 2012), pp. 506-515, Nov. 2012.
- E. Yildirim, D. yin, and T. Kosar, "Prediction of optimal parallelism level in wide area data transfers," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 22, no. 12, pp. 2033-2045, Dec. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPDS.2011.228
Supported by : The University of Suwon