- Volume 20 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Fixed Partitioning Methods for Extending lifetime of sensor node for Wireless Sensor Networks
WSN환경에서 센서노드의 생명주기 연장을 위한 고정 분할 기법
Han, Chang-Su;Cho, Young-Bok;Woo, Sung-Hee;Lee, Sang-Ho
- Received : 2016.03.29
- Accepted : 2016.04.27
- Published : 2016.05.31
WSN based on wireless sensor nodes, Sensor nodes can not be reassigned and recharged if they once placed. Each sensor node comes into being involved to a communication network with its limited energy. But the existing proposed clustering techniques, being applied to WSN environment with irregular dispersion of sensor nodes, have the network reliability issues which bring about a communication interruption with the local node feature of unbalanced distribution in WSN. Therefore, the communications participation of the sensor nodes in the suggested algorithm is extended by 25% as the sensor field divided in the light of the non-uniformed distribution of sensor nodes and a static or a dynamic clustering algorithm adopted according to its partition of sensor node density in WSN. And the entire network life cycle was extended by 14% to ensure the reliability of the network.
Hierarchical Routing Structure;Fixed clustering;Dynamic clustering;Static Clustering
- M. A. Perillo, W. B. Heinzelman, "Wireless sensor network protocols," in Fundamental Algorithms and Protocols for Wireless and Mobile Networks, Eds. A. Boukerche et al., New York, CRC Hall Publishers, 2005.
- Hyun-Duk Kim, Yeowoong Yoon, Won-Ik Choi, "Adaptive Mobile Sink Path Based Energy Efficient Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Network," The Journal of The Korean Institute of Communication Sciences, vol. 36, no. 12, pp. 994-1005, Dec. 2011. https://doi.org/10.7840/KICS.2011.36A.12.994
- Y. B. Cho, S. H. Woo, S. H. Lee, "IDE-LEACH Protocol for Trust and Energy Efficient Operation of WSN Environment," The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 801-807, Sep. 2013.
- Younis, Ossama, and Sonia Fahmy, "HEED: a hybrid, energy-efficient, distributed clustering approach for ad hoc sensor networks," The Journal of IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 366-379, Oct.-Dec. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2004.41
- W. B. Heinzelman, "Application - Specific Protocol Architectures for Wireless Networks," Ph.. D. thesis, MIT, 2000.
- C. S. Han, Y. B. Cho, S. H. Lee. "A cluster header selecting technique solved an energy unbalance problem in the fixed cluster method," in Proceeding of the 3rd International Conference for Small & Medium Business, Vietnam, pp 319-320, 2016.
- J. Kulik, W. Heinzelman, H. Balakrishnan, "Negotiationbased protocols for disseminating information in wireless sensor networks," The Journal of Wireless Networks, vol. 8, no. 2/3, pp. 169-185, Mar.-May. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1013715909417
- Y. B. Cho, S. H. Lee "An IDE based Hierarchical Node Authentication Protocol for Secure Data Transmission in WSN Environment," The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, vol. 37B, no. 3, pp. 149-157, Mar. 2012.
- W. R. Heinzelman, J. Kulik, H. Balakrishnan, "Adaptive protocols for information dissemination in wireless sensor networks," in Proceedings of the 5th annual ACM/IEEE international conference on Mobile computing and networking, New York: NY, pp. 174-185, 1999.
- F. Ye, H. Luo, J. Cheng, S. Lu, L. Zhang, "A two-tier data dissemination model for large-scale wireless sensor networks," in Proceedings of the 8th annual international conference on Mobile computing and networking, New York: NY, pp. 148-159, 2002.
- J. N. Al-Karaki, A. E. Kamal, "Routing techniques in wireless sensor networks: a survey," The Journal of IEEE Wireless communications, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 6-28, Dec. 2004.
- L. Yu, N. Wang, W. Zhang, C. Zheng, "GROUP: A Grid-Clustering Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks," in Proceedings of International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, Wuhan, pp. 1-5, Sep. 2006.