- Volume 20 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Distributed Instant Message System Architecture using Media Control Channel
미디어 제어 채널을 사용한 분산 인스턴트 메시지 시스템 구조
- Received : 2016.02.15
- Accepted : 2016.03.14
- Published : 2016.05.31
In this paper, a distributed instant message system with multiple servers architecture which can distribute system load effectively using an extended media control channel has been presented. A media control channel provides establishing a reliable control channel and also keeping a reliable control channel between SIP server and client in the field of real-time media transport area. In this study, a new instant message system architecture which can distribute massive instant message including multimedia data to multiple servers has been presented. The presented instant message system architecture can distribute system load by extending media control channel. For this purpose, media control channel messages, which distribute system load to multiple servers dynamically according to increasing number of users, have been designed in our presented system. And, in our research, an exchanging procedures of media control channel messages between servers have also been presented. The performance of the proposed system has been analysed by simulation.
Instant Message;SIP;Media Control Channel;SDP
- J. Rosenberg, "IETF Specifications for Instant Messaging and Presence Using SIP," RFC 6914, IETF, April 2013
- P. Saint-Andre, "Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP):Instant Messaging and Presence," RFC 6121, IETF, March 2011.
- P. Saint-Andre, "Instant Messaging and Presence Purpose for the Call-Info Header Field in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)," RFC 6993, IETF, July 2013.
- J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne, G. Camarillo, A. Johnston and E. Schooler, "SIP: Session Initiation Protocol," RFC 3261, IETF, June 2002.
- F. Andreasen, "Session Description Protocol (SDP) Capability Negotiation," RFC 5939, IETF, September 2010.
- F. Andreasen, "Session Description Protocol Offer/Answe," RFC 4317, IETF, December 2005.
- C. Boulton, T. Melanchuk and S. McGlashan, "Media Control Channel Framework," RFC 6230, IETF, May 2011.
- P. Saint-Andre, "Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Address Format," RFC 6122, IETF, March 2011.
- H. Schulzrinne,H. Tschofenig and M. Thomson, "Dynamic Extensions to the Presence Information Data Formate," RFC 5962, IETF, September 2010.
- C. Jang and K. Lee, "A Session-based Instant Message System by Distributed Architecture," Journal of Korea Inst. of. Information and Communication Eng., vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 2169-2175, September 2014. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2014.18.9.2169
Supported by : Kumoh National Institute of Technology