- Volume 20 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Tunneling Current of Asymmetric Double Gate MOSFET for Ratio of Top and Bottom Gate Oxide Film Thickness
비대칭 DGMOSFET의 상하단 산화막 두께비에 따른 터널링 전류 분석
- Received : 2016.01.22
- Accepted : 2016.03.07
- Published : 2016.05.31
This paper analyzes the deviation of tunneling current for the ratio of top and bottom gate oxide thickness of short channel asymmetric double gate(DG) MOSFET. The ratio of tunneling current for off current significantly increases if channel length reduces to 5 nm. This short channel effect occurs for asymmetric DGMOSFET having different top and bottom gate oxide structure. The ratio of tunneling current in off current with parameters of channel length and thickness, doping concentration, and top/bottom gate voltages is calculated in this study, and the influence of tunneling current to occur in short channel is investigated. The analytical potential distribution is obtained using Poisson equation and tunneling current using WKB(Wentzel-Kramers-Brillouin). As a result, tunneling current is greatly changed for the ratio of top and bottom gate oxide thickness in short channel asymmetric DGMOSFET, specially according to channel length, channel thickness, doping concentration, and top/bottom gate voltages.
Tunneling current;Poisson equation;Top/bottom oxide thickness;WKB approximation
- S.Agarwal, M.Bajaj, T.B.Hook, K.McStay, W.Wang and Y.Zhang, "Transistor Matching and Fin Angle Variation in FinFET Technology," IEEE Trans. on Electron Devices, vol.62, no.4, pp.1357-1359, April 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2015.2400221
- G.Harutyunyan, G.Tshagharyan and Y.Zorian, "Test and repair methodology for FinFET-based memories," IEEE Trans. on Device and Materials Reliability, vol.15, no.1, pp.3-9, March 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDMR.2015.2397032
- Z.Ding, G.Hu, J.Gu, R.Liu, L.Wang and T.Tang,"An analytical model for channel potential and subthreshold swing of the symmetric and asymmetric double-gate MOSFETs," Microelectronics J., vol.42, pp.515-519, March 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mejo.2010.11.002
- Hakkee Jung, "Analysis for Potential Distribution of Asymmetric Double Gate MOSFET Using Series Function," J. of KIICE, vol.17, no.11, pp.2621-2626. Nov. 2013.
- M.Stadele, "Influence of source-drain tunneling on the subthreshold behavior of sub-10 nm double gate MOSFETs," in Proc. Eur. Solid-State Device Research Conf.(ESSDERC), Florence, Italy, pp.135-138, 2002.
- H.K.Jung and O.S.Kwon,"Analysis of Channel Dimension Dependent Threshold Voltage for Asymmetric DGMOSFET," 2014 International Conference on Future Information & Communication Engineering, Hong Kong: HK, vol.6, no.1, pp.299-302, 2014.
- Effects of thickness ratios and sputtering mode on the structural, electrical and optical properties of bilayer molybdenum thin films vol.8, pp.9, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5043437