- Volume 20 Issue 5
LED beacons operated on an isolated marine area are mostly employing the solar power supply system, and this system is well known for increasing the cost of management and maintenance. Recently, a number of researches and demonstrations on self-contained LED beacon is actively conducted to solve this issue. In this work, we propose an self-contained LED beacon with Bluetooth Low Energy function for an effective management of LED beacon. Firstly, control program structure is designed by expanding the status protocol of self-contained LED beacon, and then it is implemented into the form which administrator can easily understand. The control system visualizes the status and control data of self-contained LED beacon, and this enables the rapid decision-making of administrator. Also, minimizing electricity consumption of the beacon, it can transfer and update the status or light information of self-contained LED beacons with smart phone.
Bluetooth low energy;Self-contained lantern;Control system;LED lantern
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries. General Status of AtoN [Internet]. Available: http://www.mof.go.kr/article/view.do?menuKey=389&boardKey=25&articleKey=8914.
- Y.S. Back, "Dual LED marine signal lantern considering fault tolerance," Ph. D. dissertation, Chonnam National University, Chonnam, May 2015.
- K.J. Jo, J.k. Oh, "A Study on the Design of Power System for Buoy," The Korean Institute of Navigation and Port Research, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 631-636, Dec. 2011. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2011.35.8.631
- M.G. Kim, "Development of Self-powered LED lantern with GPS Synchronous flickering," in Proceeding of the Leading strategy for green growth of the marine industry on Joint Conference, Busan, pp. 407-413, 2009.
- Ltd. Newmarine Engineering. IntegraLED marine lantern [Internet]. Available: http://www.newmarine.co.kr/03_sub/0301.asp?code=m315.
- IALA Guideline 1048, On LED Technologies and their use in Signal Lights. [Internet]. Available: http://www.ialaaism.org/products/publications/5306091211/led-technologies-and-their-use-in-signal-lights-1048.
- Report of the 17th IALA Conference, Aids to Navigation- A Global Approach(2010). [Internet]. Available: http://www.hksoa.org/contents/attachments/technical/IALA%20papers/17th%20Conference_2010_draft%20report_to%202100%20on%2026Mar.pdf.
- I.H. Back, S.W. Hwang, S.J. Lee, "The Extention and Implementation of User-defined AIS AtoN for Marine Safety Information Service," The Korean Institute of Navigation and Port Research, vol. 33, no. 6, pp.423-428, Aug. 2009. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2009.33.6.423
- Ltd. MSL Technology. self-contained lanterns LED-200S [Internet]. Available: http://www.msltechnology.com/bbs.php?table=menu2_1_KOR&where=ALL&search_step=1&category=type1&query=view&uid=9&p=1.
- SABIK, A Carmanah Company, Self-contained M860[Internet]. Available: http://www.sabik.com/images/pdf/datasheets/Datasheet_Self-contained_M860_ID_292.pdf.
- Sealite product, 6-12NM+ Solar Marine Lantern SL-C600[Internet]. Available: http://www.sealite.com.au/files/pdf/iman_prod/SLC500_iman.pdf.
- Tideland Signal, 6NM Self-Contained SolaNOVA-65[Internet]. Available: http://www.tidelandsignal.com/2014/data/Self-Contained/SOLANOVA-65-REV09.pdf.
- Wikipedia NMEA 0183 [Internet]. Available: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NMEA_0183.
- S.H. YE, S.H. Han, "Mobile monitoring system of the Dual LED marine lantern," The Korean Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 1948-1954, Aug. 2014. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2014.18.8.1948
- Korea Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries. "Self-contained lantern Standard specifications(Bulletin No. 2015-233)," Apr. 16. 2015.
- Ltd Chipsen Co, BLE Module BOT-CLE110 [Internet]. Available: http://chipsen.com/index.html?TPL=bt4.tpl.