- Volume 20 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Method for Reliability Analysis of Armored Fighting Vehicle using RBD based on Integrated Hit Probabilities of Crews and Components
통합 피격 확률 분석을 이용한 RBD 기반의 전차 신뢰도 분석 방법
Hwang, Hun-Gyu;Kang, Ji-Won;Lee, Jang-Se
- Received : 2016.03.22
- Accepted : 2016.04.04
- Published : 2016.05.31
Recently, the studies of integrated reliability analysis for combat systems are actively progressing. Especially, the research of integrated reliability analysis is emphasized to overcome limitations of the previous studies. In this paper, we propose a calculation technique for integrated hit probability based on front and side hit probabilities that analyzed in previous studies to improve the time-effectiveness. Also, we find out the integrated reliability of each component based on the integrated hit probability which is calculated, and we propose the method which applied the reliability block diagram technique to analyze the whole combat system of the reliability by function kills. For verifying the proposed method, we applied the proposed method to armored fighting vehicle model. The proposed method considers crew which does not considered the element in the previous study and expects to enhance the accuracy of reliability analysis and the time-effectiveness compared with the previous study.
Hit probability;Reliability block diagram;Kill reliability;Reliability analysis;Armored fighting vehicle
- M. O. Said, "Theory and practice of total ship survivability for ship design," Naval Engineers Journal, vol. 107, issue 4, pp. 191-203, Jul. 1995. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-3584.1995.tb03085.x
- M. S. Wi, S. M. An, T. H. Eom, H. J. Jin, D. S. Kim and J. S. Park, "Survivability and reliability analysis for combat system by using fault tree structure" in Proceeding of The 2014 Spring Conference of The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers(Division of Reliability), Jeju, Korea, p. 174, 2014.
- H. G. Hwang, H. K. Kim and J. S. Lee, "An agent based modeling and simulation for survivability analysis of combat system," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 16, no. 12, pp.2581-2588, Dec. 2012. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2012.16.12.2581
- H. G. Hwang, J. W. Lee, J. S. Lee, and J. S. Park, "A development of 3D penetration analysis program for survivability analysis of combat system : Focused on Tank Model," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 19, no. 1, pp.244-250, Jan. 2014.
- G. S. Lee, U. J. Jeong and G. J. Park, "Simulation model of rollover crashes and passenger injury assessment for a wheeled armored vehicle," Journal A of Korea Society of Mechanical Engineers, vol. 38, pp. 385-391, Apr. 2014. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.4.385
- H. G. Hwang, J. W. Kang, and J. S. Lee, "A development of component vulnerability analysis program for armored fighting vehicle using criticality based on FMECA," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 19, no. 8, pp.1973-1980, Aug. 2015. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2015.19.8.1973
- H. G. Hwang, B. G. Yoo, J. W. Lee, and J. S. Lee, "A development of hit probability-based vulnerability analyses system for armored fighting vehicle using fault tree analysis technique," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 19, no. 8, pp.1981-1989, Aug. 2015. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2015.19.8.1981
- Leemis, L. M., Reliability - Probabilistic Models and Statistical Methods, Prentice Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 1995.
- K. S. Kim, J. H. Lee, and S. Y. Hwang, "Simplified Vulnerability Assessment Procedure for the Warship Based on the Vulnerable Area Approach," Society of Naval Architects of Korea, vol. 48, no. 5, pp.404-413, Oct. 2011. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2011.48.5.404
- K. S Kim and J. H. Lee, "Simplified vulnerability assessment procedure for a warship based on the vulnerable area approach," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 2171-2181, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-012-0539-8
Supported by : Agency for Defense Development of Korea