- Volume 41 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Using DEA to Analyze the Degree of Global Technology Cooperation at the National Level
DEA를 활용한 국가별 글로벌 기술협력 수준 분석 : OECD 국가를 중심으로
Lee, Mingook;Lee, Sungjoo
- Received : 2015.12.02
- Accepted : 2016.03.29
- Published : 2016.05.31
Under a rapidly changing environment, firms have attempted to co-operate with organizations that possess high technologies to improve their technical capabilities. Most countries have worked towards developing a suitable strategy for international technology co-operation based on the diagnostic results of their technological capabilities and indices. These diagnostic results indicate the level and degree of international technology co-operation that have been developed in academia. However, identifying the overall conditions of international technology co-operation based on existing indices is a difficult task. Hence, to address this problem, indices that can measure diverse perspectives of core technology co-operation activities need to be developed. This research aims to develop a framework for identifying the current state of international technology co-operation in diverse perspectives at the national level. We develop indices based on relevant literature and formulate an analytical framework for international technology co-operation in diverse perspectives using DEA analysis. The results are expected to contribute to effective technology planning at the national level by diagnosing capabilities for international technology co-operation from diverse perspectives.
Global Technology Cooperation;Indicator Development
- 오수정, 김현정, 김수욱, "DEA를 이용한 모기업과 협력기업의 공급망 품질경영 효율성 분석", 경영과학, 제30권, 제2호(2013), pp.43-61.
- 전훈, 이학연, "DEA Window 분석을 이용한 국내 온라인 게임 기업의 운영 효율성 평가", 한국경영과학회지, 제39권, 제3호(2014), pp.204-222.
- 조정은, 김동희, 김수욱, "다국적 기업의 글로벌 R&D 활동 성과 결정 요인에 관한 연구", 경영과학, 제27권, 제2호(2010), pp.1-20.
- Archibugi, D. and J. Michie, "The globalisation of technology:A new taxonomy," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Vol.19, No.1 (1995), pp.121-140.
- Banker, R.D., A. Charnes, and W.W. Cooper, "Some models for estimating technical and scale inefficiencies in data envelopment analysis," Management Science, Vol.30, No.9(1984), pp.1078-1092. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.30.9.1078
- Bergek, A. and M. Bruzelius, "Are patents with multiple inventors from different countries a good Indicator of international R&D collaboration? The case of ABB," Research Policy, Vol.39, No.10(2010), pp.1321-1334. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respol.2010.08.002
- Cooper, W.W., L.M., Seiford, and K. Tone, Data envelopment analysis:Theory, methodology, and applications, references and DEA-solver software, Boston:Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000.
- Chesbrough, H., "Why companies should have open business models," MIT Sloan Management Review, Vol.48, No.2(2007), pp.22-28.
- CREST Working Group, "Internationalization of R&D_Facing the challenge of globalisation :Approaches to a proactive international policy in S&T," European Commission, Brussels, 2008.
- Falagario, M., F. Sciancalepore, N. Costantino, and R. Pietroforte, "Using a DEA-cross efficiency approach in public procurement tenders," European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.48, No.218(2012), pp.523-529.
- Frame, J.D. and M.P. Carpenter, "International research collaboration," Social Studies of Science, Vol.9, No.4(1979), pp.481-497. https://doi.org/10.1177/030631277900900405
- Geisler, E., "Benchmarking inter-organizational technology cooperation:The link between infrastructure and sustained performance," International Journal of Technology Management, Vol.25, No.8(2003), pp.675-702. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJTM.2003.003132
- Georghiou, L., "Global cooperation in research," Research Policy, Vol.27, No.6(1998), pp.611-626. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-7333(98)00054-7
- Georghiou, L. and S. Hinder, "RTD cooperation activities of member states and EEA countries with highly industrialised countries in the field of scientific and technological research," Report to Commission of the European Communities(1998).
- Hagedoorn, J., N.L. Albert, and S.V. Nicholas, "Research partnerships," Research Policy, Vol.29, No.4(2000), pp.567-586. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-7333(99)00090-6
- Hagedoorn, J., D. Cloodt, and H. Van Kranenburg, "Intellectual property rights and the governance of international R&D partnerships," Journal of International Business Studies, Vol.36, No.2(2005), pp.175-186. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jibs.8400122
- Katz, J.S. and B.R. Martin, "What is research collaboration?," Research Policy, Vol.26, No.1 (1997), pp.1-18. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-7333(96)00917-1
- Lee, H.S. and C. Kim, "Benchmarking of service quality with data envelopment analysis," Expert Systems With Application, Vol.41(2014), pp.3761-3768. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2013.12.008
- Lee, J., Z.T. Bae, and D.K. Choi, "Technology development processes:A model for a developing country with a global perspective," R&D Management, Vol.18, No.3(1988), pp. 235-250. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9310.1988.tb00590.x
- Lovell, C.A.K. and J.T. Pastor, "Radial DEA models without inputs or without outputs," European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.118, No.1(1999), pp.46-51. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(98)00338-5
- Luukkonen, T., R.J.W. Tijsen, O. Persson, and G. Sivertsen, "The measurement of international scientific collaboration," Scientometrics, Vol.28, No.1(1993), pp.15-36. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02016282
- Mowery, D.C. and J.E. Oxley, "Inward technology transfer and competitiveness:The Role of National Innovation Systems," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Vol.19, No.1(1995), pp. 67-93.
- Niosi, J. and B. Bellon, "The global interdependence of national innovation systems: Evidence, limits, and implications," Technology in Society, Vol.16, No.2(1994), pp.173-197. https://doi.org/10.1016/0160-791X(94)90028-0
- Niosi, J., "The internationalization of industrial R&D from technology transfer to the learning organization," Research policy, Vol. 28, No.2/3(1999), pp.107-117. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-7333(98)00107-3
- Rycroft, R.W., "Technology-based globalization indicators:The centrality of innovation network data," Technology in Society, Vol. 25, No.3(2003), pp.299-317. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0160-791X(03)00047-2
- Timmers, P., "Building effective public R&D programs," In:Kocaoglu, D.F. and T.R. Anderson, Technology and Innovation Management, Portland International Conference on the Management of Engineering and Technology, PICMET, Portland, 1999.
Supported by : 한국연구재단