- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Deltoid Middle Fiber of the Isometric Contraction According to Elastic Band and Dumbbell on Various Shoulder Abduction Angle
탄력밴드와 아령에 의한 저항이 다양한 어깨관절 외전 각도에서 중간 어깨 세모근의 등척성 수축에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2016.04.12
- Accepted : 2016.04.18
- Published : 2016.05.31
PURPOSE: The purpose of this study was to compare isometric contraction of deltoid middle fiber between elastic band and light dumbbell on various shoulder abduction angle. And this study intends to examine the compare with isometric contraction on deltoid middle fiber in various abduction angle of shoulder joint. METHODS: The participants of this study were Korean healthy adult in their 20s (n=60). The 8 channel surface electromyography was used to measure activity of the deltoid middle fiber at isomeric contraction on various abduction angle:
Dumbbell;Deltoid middle fiber;Elastic band;Shoulder abduction
- Antony NT, Keir PJ. Effects of posture, movement and hand load on shoulder muscle activity. J Electromyogr Kinesiol. 2010;20:191-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelekin.2009.04.010
- Brill PA, Probst JC, Greenhouse DL, et al. Clinical feasibility of a free-weight strength-training program for older adults. J Am Board Fam Pract. 1998;11(6):445-51. https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.11.6.445
- DiDomizio J. The effects posture and force coupling on upper extremity muscle activity. Masters thesis, York University. 2006.
- Hermens HJ, Freriks B, Disselhorst-Klug C, et al. Development of recommendations for SEMG sensors and sensor placement procedures. J Electromyogr Kinesiol, 2000;10(5):361-74. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1050-6411(00)00027-4
- Hess SA. Functional stability of the glenohumeral joint. Man Ther 2000;5:63-71. https://doi.org/10.1054/math.2000.0241
- John J, Brems MD. Rehabilitation after total shoulder arthroplasty: current concepts. Seminars in Arthroplasty. 2007;18(1):55-65. https://doi.org/10.1053/j.sart.2006.11.001
- Kronberg M, Nemeth G, Brostrom L. Muscle activity and coordination in the normal shoulder. Clin Orthop 1990;257:76-85.
- Lee SY, Han JT, Park MC, et al. Comparison of shoulder stabilizer muscle activations during push up plus exercise by with cervical flexion and extension. J Phys Ther Sci. 2011;23(1):111-3. https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.23.111
- Lee SY. Application effects of various solidity of mouth guard on torque and power at isokinetic contraction in shoulder: A pilot study. J Korean Soc Phys Med. 2013;8(4):567-71. https://doi.org/10.13066/kspm.2013.8.4.567
- MacDonell CW, Keir PJ. Interfering effects of the task demands of grip force and mental processing on isometric shoulder strength and muscle activity. Ergonomics 2005;48:1749-69. https://doi.org/10.1080/00140130500319757
- Neumann DA. Kinegiology of the musculoskeletal system: Foundations for Rehabilitation. Elsevier. 2002.
- SENIAM (Surface Electromyography for the Non-Invasive Assessment of Muscles), October 5, 2011.
- Treiber FA, Lott J, Duncan J, et al. Effects of Theraband and lightweight dumbbell training on shoulder rotation torque and serve performance in college tennis players. Am J Sports Med. 1998;26(4):510-5. https://doi.org/10.1177/03635465980260040601
- Effect of a 4-week Theraband Exercise with PNF Pattern on Improving Mobility, Balance and Fear of Fall in Community-Dwelling Elderly vol.12, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.13066/kspm.2017.12.4.73
Supported by : 부산가톨릭대학교