- Volume 35 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Fabrication of a PMN-PZT needle hydrophone for photoacoustic imaging
광음향 영상화를 위한 PMN-PZT 바늘형 수중청음기 제작
Fan, Xiaofeng;Cao, Yonggang;Ha, Kanglyeol;Kim, Moojoon;Kang, Hyun Wook;Oh, Junghwan
- Received : 2016.02.05
- Accepted : 2016.04.16
- Published : 2016.05.31
For application to several MHz photoacoustic imaging systems, a needle hydrophone was designed and fabricated by using PMN-PZT piezoelectric single crystal, and its characteristics were evaluated through comparison with a commercial PVDF(Polybinylidene Fluoride) hydrophone of which receiving sensitivity is known. The simulation using the KLM model results show that the peak receiving impulse response for
Photoacoustic effect;Ultrasonic transducer;Piezoelectric crystal PMN-PZT;PVDF (Polyvinylidene Fluoride) piezoelectric film;Ultrasound image
- A. G. Bell, "On the production and reproduction of speech by light," Am. J. Sci. 3 rd Series 20, 305-324 (1880).
- C. B. Scruby, R. J. Dewhurst, D. A. Hutchins, and S. B. Palmer, "Quantitative studies of thermally generated elastic waves in laser-irradiated metals," J. Appl. Phys. 51, 6210-6216 (1980). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.327601
- D. O. Thompson and D. E. Chimenti, Review of progress in quantitative nondestructive evaluation (Plenum Press, New York and London, 1988), pp.1211-1218.
- S. J. Davies, C. Edwards, G. S. Taylor, and S. B. Palmer, "Laser-generated ultrasound: its properties, mechanisms and multifarious applications," J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 26, 329-348 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1088/0022-3727/26/3/001
- H. W. Baac, J. G. Ok, A. Maxwell, K. T. Lee, Y. C. Chen, A. J. Hart, Z. Xu, E. Yoon, and L. J. Guo, "Carbon-nanotube optoacoustic lens for focused ultrasound generation and high-precision targeted therapy," Sci. Rep. 2:989, PMC3524551, 1-8 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1038/srep00989
- T. Bowen, "Radiation-induced thermoacoustic soft tissue imaging," IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium, 2, 817-822 (1981).
- X. Wang, Y. Pang, and G. Ku, "Three-dimensional laser-induced photoacoustic tomography of mouse brain with the skin and skull intact," Optics Lett. 28, 1739-1741 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1364/OL.28.001739
- M. Xu and L. V. Wang, "Photoacoustic imaging in biomedicine," Review of Scientific Instruments, 77, 041101, 1-22 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2195024
- L. Xi, X. Li, and H. Jiang, "Variable-thickness multilayered polyvinylidene fluoride transducer with improved sensitivity and bandwidth for photoacoustic imaging," Appl. Phys. Lett. 101, 173702, 1-2 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4764051
- G. Gu and L. V. Wang, "Deeply penetrating photoacoustic tomography in biological tissues enhanced with an optical contrast agent," Optics Lett. 12, 507-509 (2005).
- J. Gamelin, A. Aguirre, A. Maurudis, F. Huang, D. Castillo, L. V. Wang, and Q. Zhu, "Curved array photoacoustic tomographic system for small animal imaging," J. Biomed. Opt. 13, 024007, 1-10 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1117/1.2907157
- X Wang, J. B. Fowlkes, J. M. Cannata, C. Hu, and P. L. Carson, "Photoacoustic imaging with a commercial ultrasound system and a custom probe," Ultrasound Med. Biol. 37, 484-492 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ultrasmedbio.2010.12.005
- C. Li and L. V. Wang, "Photoacoustic tomography of the mouse cerebral cortex with a high-numerical-aperture-based virtual point detector," J. Biomed. Opt. 12, 024047, 1-3 (2009).
- S. A. Ermilov, T. Khamapirad, A. Conjusteau, M. H. Leonard, R. Lacewell, K. Mehta, T. Miller, and A. A. Oraevsky, "Laser optoacoustic imaging system for detection of breast cancer," J. Biomed. Opt. 14, 024007 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1117/1.3086616
- C. S. DeSilets, J. D. Fraser, and G. S. Kino, "The design of efficient brodeband piezoelectric transducers," IEEE Trans. Sonics Ultrason. 25, 115-125 (1978). https://doi.org/10.1109/T-SU.1978.31001
- R. Krimholtz, D. A. Leedom, and G. L. Matthei, "New equivalent circuit for elementary piezoelectric transducers," Electronics Lett. 38, 338-339 (1970).
- A thickness-mode piezoelectric micromachined ultrasound transducer annular array using a PMN–PZT single crystal vol.28, pp.7, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6439/aab9d4
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 부경대학교