- Volume 35 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of the combustion noise index and control algorithm through signal processing of in-cylinder pressure for a diesel engine
연소압력 신호처리를 통한 디젤엔진 연소음 지수 및 제어 알고리듬 개발
Jin, Jaemin;Lee, Dongchul;Jung, Insoo
- Received : 2016.04.29
- Accepted : 2016.05.20
- Published : 2016.05.31
To control and improve a combustion behavior of an engine, various studies for the in-cylinder pressure have been consistently carried out. In this paper, the level of the combustion noise for a diesel engine is estimated from the in-cylinder pressure and defined as the combustion noise index. The combustion noise index is calculated from the FFT(Fast Fourier Transform) of the in-cylinder pressure and its validity is verified. The control system based on the combustion noise index is developed and implemented in a vehicle. A number of injection parameters are controlled to meet the desired combustion noise index, and the combustion noise of a vehicle is improved up to 4.0 dB(A) in the specified frequency band.
Cylinder pressure;Combustion noise index;Fast Fourier transform;Feedback control;Heat release ratio
- H. Nanjundaswamy, M. Tatur, D. Tomazic, T. Koerfer, M. Lamping, and A. Kolbeck, "Fuel property effects on emissions and performance of a light-duty diesel engine," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0488 (2009).
- I. Jung, J. Jin, H. So, C. Nam, and K. Won, "An advanced method for developing combustion noise through the analysis of diesel combustion," SAE Int. J. Engines 6, 1379-1385 (2013). https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-1901
- T. Schnorbus, S. Pischinger, T. Korfer, M. Lamping, D. Tomazic, and T. Marek, "Diesel combustion control with closed-loop control of the injection strategy," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0651 (2008).
- J. B. Heywood, Internal Combustion Engine Fundamental (McGraw-Hill, Singapore, 1988), pp. 503-514.
- S. Wang, C. Chalu, N. Duclaux, and M. Paquien, "Noise optimization of diesel engines with new combustion systems," SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 2,1387-1395 (2009). https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-2081