- Volume 35 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Performance improvement of a quiet zone using multichannel real-time active noise control system
다채널 실시간 능동 소음제어 시스템을 이용한 정숙공간 성능개선
Mu, Xiangbin;Ko, JinSeok;Rheem, JaeYeol
- Received : 2016.01.28
- Accepted : 2016.05.17
- Published : 2016.05.31
Generation of a quiet zone in noisy environment is undoubtedly of considerable realistic significance. This paper describes development and implementation of a multichannel real-time active noise control (ANC) system for 3 dimensional noisy environment to enhance the quiet zone performance in terms of size and noise cancellation gain. The proposed ANC system employes a multichannel delay-compensated filtered-X least mean square (FXLMS) algorithm; its real-time implementation is designed in TMS320C6713 digital signal processor (DSP) board. The system is evaluated for cancelling various tonal frequency noises in the range from 100 to 500 Hz, and the performance is then illustrated by measuring the quiet zone in terms of sound pressure level (SPL) attenuation. Experiment results show that a quiet zone of quiet with satisfactory size and maximum 24 dB noise attenuation is successfully generated.
Multichannel real-time ANC;Delay-compensated FXLMS;DSP board;Quiet zone
- S. J. Elliot, Signal Processing for Active Control (Academic Press, London, UK, 2001), pp. 6-13.
- S. M. Kuo and D. R. Morgan, Active Noise Control Systems: Algorithms and DSP Implementations (Wiley, New York, NY, 1996), pp. 5-16.
- X. Mu, J. Ko, and J. Rheem, "Modified FxLMS algorithm for active noise control and its real-time implementation," IEE. Kr. 50, 172-176 (2013).
- A. Esperance, M. Bouchard, B. Paillard, C. Guigou, and A. Boudreau, "Active noise control in large circular duct using an error sensors plane," Applied Acoust. 57, 357-374, (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-682X(98)00060-7
- K. Beemanpally, K. Pottim, and S. Kuo, "Multi-channel hybrid active noise control system for infant incubators," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. 69-76 (2010).
- T. Jung, J. Kim, K. Kim, and S. Nam, "Active noise reduction system using multi-channel ANC," 11th Int. Conf. on Control, Automation and Systems, (2011).
- E. Bjarnason, "Active noise cancellation using a modified form of the filtered-x LMS algorithm," in Proc. 6th Eur. Signal Processing Conf. 2, 1053-1056 (1992).
- M. Bouchard and S. Norcross, "Computational load reduction of fast convergence algorithms for multichannel active noise control," Signal Proce. 83, 121-134 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-1684(02)00382-1
- Quiet Zone Enhancement for a Target Location Using an Improved Virtual Sensing Algorithm vol.6, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/electronics6040076