- Volume 35 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An analyses of the noise reduction effect of vegetation noise barrier using scaled model experiments
모형실험을 통한 식생형 방음벽의 소음저감 효과 분석
Haan, Chan-Hoon;Hong, Seong-Shin
- Received : 2015.10.08
- Accepted : 2016.04.11
- Published : 2016.05.31
Design of a vegetation type sound barrier was presented as a noise barrier on the boundary of neighborhood facilities including schools, and apartments. The suggested noise barrier is made of unit blocks that are to be formed by stacking over the wall structure containing the plant and soils in the blocks. The advantage of the vegetation noise barrier is to acquire not only sound absorptive effects of plants and soils, but also sound diffusive effect caused by the irregular surface of the barrier which could eventually mitigate the noise. First, the optimum size of the units to obtain the highest noise reduction was investigated using 1/10 scaled model experiment, and sound attenuation experiments were carried out using a 1/2 mock-up model which is 2 m high and 5 m long. Total 1,137 unit blocks were made of synthetic woods with the size of
Vegetation noise barrier;Traffic noise;Wall greening;Insertion loss;Scale model experiment;Mock-up experiment
- Korea Ministry of Environment, Environmental Statistics Yearbook (in Korean), (Ministry of Environment, Sejong, 2009), pp. 341.
- I. R. Jeong, J. Y. Kim, S. C. Yoon and T. H. Lee, Latestnoise and vibration - Theory and Practice (Shin-Gwang Munhwasa, Seoul, 2009), pp. 33-35.
- SA Company, http://www.sawall.co.kr, 2014.
- W. Kim, Y. H. Lee, P. R. Lee, B. Y. Yang, T. G. Lee, J. H. Yoon, E. J. Lee, A. R. Lee, Y. H. Choi, M. Y. Han, O. K. Huh, G. Y. Lee, J. W. Shin and P. W. Han, Eco-friendly Architectural Design Guide Book (in Korean), (Publication Bal-Eon, Seoul, 2009). pp. 332-338
- KSA, KS I ISO 10847 Acoustics - In-situ determination of insertion loss of outdoor noise barriers of all types, 2014.
- K. W. Kim, G. S. Yang, G. Y. An and H. S. Kim, "Develop conditions and apply plans of greening noise barrier" (in Korean), J. KSNVE 7, 133-138 (2001).
- S. Jeong, "Acoustic characteristics and development trend of the Noise barrier," Environmental noise and vibration reduction measures seminar in the heart of the city, (1999).
- S. M. Noh, Growth of vine plants and techniques development for afforestation of the surface of wall, (in Korean), (M.S thesis, University of Seoul, 2004).
- H. Y. Jo, C. H. Choi, S. Bashyal, B. K. Lee, S. G. Han, and W. S. Sim, "A study on the effect of growth of plant for the sound-barrier development" (in Korean), J. KAIS. Suppl. 2(s) 19, 375-378 (2008).
- S. Bashyal, H. Y. Jo, and C. H. Choi, "A study on the effect of plant growth for ecological sound barrier development" J. KAIS. Suppl. 10, 607-612 (2009).
- S. Bashyal, H. Y. Jo, and S. G. Han, "Development of ecological sound proof wall by the germination of plant species at different environmental condition" J. KAIS. Suppl. 2(s) 21, 100-102 (2009).
- S. G. Han, A Study of plant for the development of ecological sound barrier, (in Korean), (M.S thesis, Sun-mun University, 2010).
- J. Y. Lee, Development of the vegetation type noise barrier and analysis of acoustical performance, (in Korean), (M.S thesis, University of Chung-buk, 2012).
- Korea Ministry of Government Legislation, Ministry of Environment, Republic of Korea, "Noise and vibration control act: law the 10615" (in Korean), (2011).
- Korea Ministry of Government Legislation, Ministry of Environment, Republic of Korea, "Performance and Installation Standards of sound proof facilities 2011-135" (in Korean), (2011).
Supported by : 충북대학교