- Volume 53 Issue 3
The densification process during liquid-phase sintering was simulated by Monte Carlo simulation. The Potts model, which had been applied to coarsening during liquid-phase sintering, was modified to include vapor particles. The results of two- and threedimensional simulations showed a temporal decrease in porosity, in other words, densification, and an increase in the average size of pores. The results also showed growth of solid grains and the effect of wetting angle on microstructure.
Monte Carlo simulation;Liquid-phase sintering;Densification;Coarsening
- M. P. Anderson, D. J. Srolovitz, G. S. Grest, and P. S. Sahni, "Computer Simulation of Grain Growth -I. Kinetics," Acta Metall., 32  783-91 (1984). https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-6160(84)90151-2
- D. J. Srolovitz, M. P. Anderson, P. S. Sahni, and G. S. Grest, "Computer Simulation of Grain Growth -II. Grain Size Distribution, Topology, Local Dynamics," Acta Metall., 32  793-802 (1984). https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-6160(84)90152-4
- V. Tikare and J. D. Cawley, "Application of the Potts Model to Simulation of Ostwald Ripening," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 81  485-91 (1998).
- V. Tikare and J. D. Cawley, "Numerical Simulation of Grain Growth in Liquid Phase Sintered Materials - I. Model," Acta Mater., 46  1333-42 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1359-6454(97)00269-3
- V. Tikare and J. D. Cawley, "Numerical Simulation of Grain Growth in Liquid Phase Sintered Materials - II. Study of Isotropic Grain Growth," Acta Mater., 46  1343-56 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1359-6454(97)00268-1
- V. Tikare, E. A. Holm, D. Fan, and L.-Q. Chen, "Comparison of Phase Field and Potts Models for Coarsening Processes," Acta Mater., 47  363-71 (1999).
- H. Matsubara, "Computer Simulations for the Design of Microstructural Developments in Ceramics," Comput. Mater. Sci., 14 125-28 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0927-0256(98)00084-6
- J. Kishino, H. Nomura, S.-G. Shin, H. Matsubara, and T. Tanase, "Computational Study on Grain Growth in Cemented Carbides," Int. J. Ref. Met. Hard Mater., 20 31-40 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0263-4368(01)00068-3
- H. Matsubara, "Computer Simulation Studies on Sintering and Grain Growth," J. Ceram. Soc. Japan, 113  263-66 (2005). https://doi.org/10.2109/jcersj.113.263
- V. Tikare and E. A. Holm, "Simulation of Grain Growth and Pore Migration in a Thermal Gradient," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 81  480-84 (1998).
- V. Tikare, M. A. Miodownik, and E. A. Holm, "Three-Dimensional Simulation of Grain Growth in the Presence of Mobile Pores," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 84  1379-85 (2001).
- V. Tikare, M. Braginsky, and E. Olevsky, "Numerical Simulation of Solid State Sintering: I, Sintering of Three Particles," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 86  49-53 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1151-2916.2003.tb03276.x
- M. Braginsky, V. Tikare, and E. Olevsky, "Numerical Simulation of Solid State Sintering," Int. J. Sol. Struct., 42 621 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2004.06.022
- V. Tikare, M. Braginsky, D. Bouvard, and A. Vagnon, "Numerical Simulation of Microstructural Evolution during Sintering at the Mesoscale in a 3D Powder Compact," Comput. Mater. Sci., 48 317-25 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.commatsci.2010.01.013
- R. Bjork, V. Tikare, H. L. Frandsen, and N. Pryds, "The Effect of Particle Size Distributions on the Microstructural Evolution During Sintering," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 96  103-10 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1111/jace.12100
- R. Bjork, V. Tikare, H. L. Frandsen, and N. Pryds, "The Sintering Behavior of Close-Packed Spheres," Scripta Mater., 67 81-4 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scriptamat.2012.03.024
- R. Bjork, H. L. Frandsen, and N. Pryds, "Modeling the Microstructural Evolution during Constrained Sintering," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 98  3490-95 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1111/jace.13701
- Y. U. Wang, "Computer Modeling and Simulation of Solid-State Sintering: A Phase Field Approach," Acta Mater., 54 953-61 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actamat.2005.10.032
- W. Villanueva, K. Gronhagen, G. Amberg, and J. Agren, "Multicomponent and Multiphase Simulation of Liquid-Phase Sintering," Comput. Mater. Sci., 47 512-20 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.commatsci.2009.09.018
- P. L. Leath, "Cluster Size and Boundary Distribution near Percolation Threshold," Phys. Rev. B, 14 5046 (1976). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.14.5046
- W. Schroeder, K. Martin, and W. Lorensen, The Visualization Toolkit: an Object-Oriented Approach to 3-D Graphics, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 1996.
Grant : 창의/융합 소재개발사업
Supported by : 한국기계연구원 부설 재료연구소