- Volume 53 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effects of Mixing Ratio of Silicon Carbide Particles on the Etch Characteristics of Reaction-Bonded Silicon Carbide
- Jung, Youn-Woong ;
- Im, Hangjoon ;
- Kim, Young-Ju ;
- Park, Young-Sik ;
- Song, Jun-Baek ;
- Lee, Ju-Ho
- Received : 2016.01.12
- Accepted : 2016.04.01
- Published : 2016.05.31
We prepared a number of reaction-bonded silicon carbides (RBSCs) made from various mixing ratios of raw SiC particles, and investigated their microstructure and etch characteristics by Reactive Ion Etch (RIE). Increasing the amount of
Reaction-bonded silicon carbide;Reactive ion etch;Residual silicon;Etch mechanism
- T. H. Han, "Next-Generation Semiconductor Process/Device Development Trends (in Korean)," pp. 50-54, KEIT, PD Issue Report Vol. 11-04, Seoul, 2009.
- J. Y. Ryu, "Silicon Carbide Components for a Semiconductor Manufacturing Process/Materials Technical Analysis Reports (in Korean)," pp. 3-12, KISTI, IOD Report (Serial #:4-0001) Seoul, 2005.
- S. K. Jun, "Structural Ceramics Industry Competitiveness Survey (in Korean)," pp. 35-42, 188-190, Korea Fine Ceramic Association, Korean Trade Commission, Seoul, 2010.
- J. N. Ness and T. F. Page, "Micro-structural Characterization of Reaction-Bonded Silicon Carbide," J. Mater. Sci., 21 1377-97 (1986). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00553278
- P. Popper, "The Preparation of Dense Self-Bonded Silicon Carbide," pp. 209-219, in Special Ceramics, Proper, P., Ed., Academic Press. New York, 1960.
- R. Pampuch, E. Warasek, and J. Bialoskorski, "Reaction Mechanism in Carbon-Liquid Silicon Systems at Elevated Temperature." Ceram. Int., 12 99-106 (1986). https://doi.org/10.1016/0272-8842(86)90023-4
- R. L. Mehan, "Effect of SiC Content and Orientation on the Properties of Si/SiC Ceramic Composite," J. Mater. Sci., 13 358-66 (1978). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00647781
C. B. Lim and T. Iseki, "Transport of Fine-Grained
$\beta$-SiC in SiC/Liquid Si System," Adv. Ceram. Mater., 3, 291-293 (1988). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1551-2916.1988.tb00221.x
C. B. Lim and T. Iseki, "Strength of Reaction Sintered SiC Heterogeneously Containing Fine-Grained
$\beta$-SiC," J. Mater. Sci., 23 3248-53 (1988). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00551301
- C. W Forrest, P. Kennedy, and J. V. Shennan, "The Fabrication and Properties of Self-Bonded Silicon Carbide Bodies," pp. 99-127, Special Ceramics Vol. 5, British Ceram., Res. Asso. U.K., 1972.
- H. C. Park, "Effect of Green Microstructure on Sintered Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Reaction-Bonded Silicon Carbide (in Korean)," J. Korean Ceram. Soc., 36  97-105 (1999).
- H. I. Shin, "Silicon Melt Infiltration of Reaction-Bonded Silicon Carbide (in Korean)," J. Korean Ceram. Soc., 39  693-98 (2002). https://doi.org/10.4191/KCERS.2002.39.7.693
- J. Sugiura, W. J. Lu, K. C Cadien, and A. J. Steckl, "Reactive Ion Etching of SiC Thin Films Using Fluorinated Gases," J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B, 4  349-54 (1986). https://doi.org/10.1116/1.583329
- G. S. Oehrlein, P. J. Matsuo, and M. F. Doemling, "Study of Plasma-Surface Interactions : Chemical Dry Etching and High-Density Plasma Etching," Plasma Sources Sci. Technol., 5 193-99 (1996). https://doi.org/10.1088/0963-0252/5/2/012
- J. Hong, R. J. Shul, L. Zhang, and L. F. Lester, "Plasma Chemistries for High Density Plasma Etching of SiC," J. Elect. Mater., 28  196-201 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11664-999-0013-2