- Volume 53 Issue 3
The purpose of this study was to prepare lightweight foamed concrete by mixing coal fly ash of circulating fluidized bed combustion(CFBC) with cement, and to develop uses for recycling by analyzing carbonation behavior resulting from a change in conditions for pressurized carbonation. For concrete, CFBC coal fly ash was mixed with Portland cement to the water-binder ratio of 0.5, and aging was applied at room temperature after 3 days of curing at
CFBC coal fly ash;Carbonation;Foamed concrete;Supercritical;Recycle
- D. Counce, F. Goff, E. Kluk, G. Guthrie, B. Lipin, M. Fite, S. Chipera, and H. Ziock, "Evaluation of Ultramafic Deposits in the Eastern United States and Puerto Rico as Sources of Magnesium for Carbon Dioxide Sequestration," Los Alamos National Laboratory, http://www.lanl.gov. Accessed on 15/11/2015.
- K. S. Lackner, C. H. Christopher, D. P. Butt, E. L. Joyce, and D. H. Sharp, "Carbon Dioxide Disposal in Carbonate Minerals," Energy, 20  1153-70 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-5442(95)00071-N
- K. S. Lackner, D. P. Butt, and C. H. Wendt, "Magnate Disposal of Carbon Dioxide"; pp. 419-30 in Proceedings of the 22nd International Technical Conference on Coal Utilization and Fuel System, Clearwater, Florida, United States, 1997.
- K. S. Lackner, P. F. Duby, T. Yegulalp, S. Krevor, and C. Graves, "Integrating Steel Production with Mineral Carbon Sequestration," U. S. Department of Energy, AISI/DOE Technology Roadmap Program for the Steel Industry, Final Report - TRP9957, http://www.osti.gov/bridge, Accessed on 18/07/2015.
- Y. N. Jang, C. Y. Bae, S. C. Chae, I. K. Bae, and G. W. Ryu "Mineral Carbonation of Gypsum," J. Kor. Petrol. Soc., 21  62-3 (2008).
- W. S. Kim, T. K. Kang, M. S. Paik, S. S. Kim, and S. J. Jung, "The Experimental Study on Carbonation Properties of High Volume Fly-ash Concrete," J. Kor. Archi. Ins., 23  207-10 (2003).
- I. T. Kim, H. Y. Kim, G. I. Park, J. H. Yoo, and J. H. Kim, "Effect of Carbonation Reaction of Portlandite with Supercritical Carbon Dioxide on the Characteristics of Cement Matrix," Appl. Chem., 5  60-3 (2001).
H. S. Ahn, J. S. Kim, and H. S. Lee, "A Study on Fixed Amount of
$CO_2$and the Estimation of Production of $CaCO_3$on Waste Concrete Powder by Wet Carbonation," J. Kor. Archi. Inst, 27  133-40 (2011).
M. Stehlik and J. Novak, "Verification of the Effect of Concrete Surface Protection on the Permeability of Acid Gases Using Accelerated Carbonation Depth Test in an Atmosphere of 98%
$CO_2$," Ceram.-Silik., 55  79-84 (2011).
M. K. Mohammed, A. R. Dawson, and N. H. Thom, "Carbonation of Filler Typed Self-Compacting Concrete and its Impact on the Microstructure by Utilization of 100%
$CO_2$Accelerating Techniques," Constr. Build. Mater., 50  508-16 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2013.09.052
- C. D. Atis, "Accelerated Carbonation and Testing of Concrete Mead with Fly Ash," Constr. Build. Mater., 17  147-50 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0950-0618(02)00116-2
- J. Y. Park, Y. T. Kim, and Y. J. Choi, "Property Enhancement of Lightweight Aggregate by Carbonation Processing," J. Kor. Cryst Growth Cryst. Technol., 22  254-59 (2012). https://doi.org/10.6111/JKCGCT.2012.22.5.254
Supported by : Kyonggi University