- Volume 65 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Harmonics Measurement of the Running Test EMU Train in Conventional Railway Lines
일반철도선로에서의 전동차 시험운행에 대한 고조파 측정연구
Han, Seong-Ho;Shon, Jin-Geun;Kim, Young-Hoon
- Received : 2015.05.30
- Accepted : 2016.04.16
- Published : 2016.06.01
The electric quality of train is represented by voltage and current harmonics at PT(Ratio 25,000/15/[V]) which is located between pantograph and primary winding of train transformer. In this paper, voltage and current harmonics were measured on the test EMU(electric multiple unit)train with maximum speed of 180km/h in existing railway lines(chungbuk, Taeback, Honam). As a results of test, it is found that the electric quality of train depends on the mostly operation conditions which is accelerating mode and braking mode on each sections. Voltage THD is above all 3[%] and current harmonics is monitored from lowest Harmonic to highest Harmonic in case of accelerating mode. But, highest current harmonics is not monitored in case of breaking mode. The results in this paper can help to stabilize the power device and power converter of the test EMU train.
EMU(electric multiple unit);Electric quality;Existing lines;Harmonics;THD(total harmonic distortion)
- Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements, "International rail policy trends and implications - Based on the speed of the Common Rail", Land policy Brif, No. 181, september. 2008.
- J. R. Kim, 5 others "The new electric locomotives measurement and analysis results for the electric railway load modeling" The Korean society for Railway, 2003 Spring proceedings, May, 2003.
- J. M. Lee, 3 others, "AC harmonic analysis and applications of electric railways AT feeding system" 2003 Proceedings of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers Electrical Machinery and Energy Conversion Systems, pp405-pp408, April. 2003.
- Y. J. Shin, "Efficient AC electric railway power supply harmonic reduction measures".Electrical installations, pp40-pp49, Nov. 2008.
- S, W. Park, 3 others "Tracking and reducing harmonic generation from an existing line of substation equipment installation effects Review", The Korean society for Railway, 2004 Fall proceedings, pp7- pp13, Oct. 2004.
- J. M. Lee, 1 other, "Harmonic generation and response systems in electric railway (II) - Analysis of the harmonic measurement - "The Korean society for Railway , Vol 7-1 , pp.65-69 , 2004.
- Korea railroad research institute "Korean tilting train R&D report", 2008.
- Jeongcheol Kim "Analysis power system and understanding Korean electrical railway" Dagiwon, pp 508-pp510. 2008.08,
- KS C IEC 61000-4-30 Electric magnetic compatibility (EMC)-Measuring Methods and test methods, Measurement of Electric quality, pp 105-191. 2004
- Korea Electric Power Corporation, "Electricity supply terms and conditions", Korea Electric Power Corporation, 1999.
- IEEE Std. 519-1992, "IEEE Recommended Practices and Requirement for Harmonic Control in Electrical Power System", The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 1992.
- IEC 61000-3-6, "Assessment of Emissions Limits for Distorting Load in MV or HV Power Systems", International Electrotechnical Commission, 1996.
Grant : 철도화물 효율성 향상기술개발
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원