- Volume 65 Issue 2
Soft starters are used with large induction motors in blowers, fans, pumps and the crane hoist drives. AC voltage controllers are used as soft starters in induction motors for starting and to adjust its speed. Soft-starter starting system uses phase control method of input electric source through the setting of the thyristor(SCR) firing angle
AC voltage controllers;Induction motor;Large scale power stack;Series SCR;Soft starters;Firing angle
- J.B. Woudstra, "Improved Soft Starter with SCR Chopper", Power Electronics and Variable-Speed Drives, Third International Conference on, 448-451, 1988.
- Yuan Youxin, "A Soft Starter of Three Phase Asynchronous Motor", Power Electronics Specialists Conference, 2007. PESC 2007. IEEE , 563-567, 2007.
- G. Zenginobuz, I. Cadirici, M. Ermis and C. barlak, "Soft starting of large induction motors at constant current with minimized starting torque pulsations" IEEE Trans. Ind. 2001, Appl. 37(5): 137-144. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.903136
- S. A. Hamed and B. J. Chalmers, "Analysis of variable-voltage thyristor controlled induction motors," IEE Proceedings, vol. 137, Pt. B, no. 3, May 1990, pp.184-192
- LV Guangqiang, "Study for the soft starter with a novel topology based on self-commutated devices for an induction motor," Ph.D. dissertation, Eng., Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China, 2004
- L.Rajaji and Dr.C.Kumar, "Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy based soft starting of voltage-controlled induction motor drive" IEEE Southeastcon, April 2008, pp-448-453.
- G. Zenginobuz, I. Cadirci, M.Ermis, and C. Barlak, "Soft Starting of Large Induction Motors at Constant Current With Minimised Starting Torque Pulsations", IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicant. vol. 37, no.5, pp. 37-144, Sep./Oct. 2001.