- Volume 65 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Participation of Virtual Power Plant Based Technology Utilizing Distributed Generation Resources in Electricity Market
분산발전자원을 활용한 가상발전소 기반 기술의 전력시장 참여 방안에 대한 연구
- Lee, Yun-Hwan
- Received : 2016.03.26
- Accepted : 2016.05.26
- Published : 2016.06.01
A virtual power plant (VPP) technology is a cluster of distributed generation installations. VPP system is that integrates several types of distributed generation sources, so as to give a reliable overall power supply. Virtual power plant systems play a key role in the smart grids concept and the move towards alternative sources of energy. They ensure improved integration of the renewable energy generation into the grids and the electricity market. VPPs not only deal with the supply side, but also help manage demand and ensure reliability of grid functions through demand response (DR) and other load shifting approaches in real time. In this paper, utilizing a variety of distributed generation resources(such as emergency generator, commercial generator, energy storage device), activation scheme of the virtual power plant technology. In addition, through the analysis of the domestic electricity market, it describes a scheme that can be a virtual power plant to participate in electricity market. It attempts to derive the policy support recommendation in order to obtain the basics to the prepared in position of power generation companies for the commercialization of virtual power plant.
Virtual power plant;Smartgrid;Distributed generation resources;Electricity market
- MOTIE, "The Seventh Basic Plan of Electrical Supply and Demand", 2015
- MOTIE, "The Second Energy Master Plan", 2014
- Koo-Hyung Chung, Man-Geun Park, Don Hur, "A Proposal of Institutional Prerequisites to the Participation of Virtual Power Plant in Electricity Market under the Smart Grid Paradigm", The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 64, No. 3, March 2015.
- Yong Kuk Park, Min Goo Lee, Kyung Kwon Jung, Yong-Gu Lee, "Large-scale Virtual Power Plant Management Method Considering Variable and Sensitive Loads", Journal of The Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers Vol.52, NO.5, May 2015
- Hyun-Sung Lim, "A Study on Current Status Survey and Utilization of Emergency Generator Installation", Journal of the Korean Institute of IIIuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol29, NO. 10, October 2015.
- Korea Smart Grid Institute, "VPP related laws and institutional and policy research and analysis research", 2015
- Korea Smart Grid Institute, "Study of Economic Analysis Considering VPP operating system", 2015
- Korea Smart Grid Institute, "Research of VPP operating systems and business models", 2015
- Pike Research Report, "Virtual Power Plants : Demand Response, Supply-Side, Mixed Asset, and Wholesale Auction Smart Grid Aggregation and Optimization Networks", 2013