- Volume 65 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Modeling of Photovoltaic Power Systems using Clustering Algorithm and Modular Networks
군집화 알고리즘 및 모듈라 네트워크를 이용한 태양광 발전 시스템 모델링
- Received : 2016.04.18
- Accepted : 2016.05.17
- Published : 2016.06.01
The real-world problems usually show nonlinear and multi-variate characteristics, so it is difficult to establish concrete mathematical models for them. Thus, it is common to practice data-driven modeling techniques in these cases. Among them, most widely adopted techniques are regression model and intelligent model such as neural networks. Regression model has drawback showing lower performance when much non-linearity exists between input and output data. Intelligent model has been shown its superiority to the linear model due to ability capable of effectively estimate desired output in cases of both linear and nonlinear problem. This paper proposes modeling method of daily photovoltaic power systems using ELM(Extreme Learning Machine) based modular networks. The proposed method uses sub-model by fuzzy clustering rather than using a single model. Each sub-model is implemented by ELM. To show the effectiveness of the proposed method, we performed various experiments by dataset acquired during 2014 in real-plant.
ELM;Modular networks;Photovoltaic power system
- Jong-Jae Choi, Chan-Gyu Hwang, Chae-Joo Moon, "Development of Evaluation Model for the Korean New & Renewable Energy Policies : Focusing on RPS & FIT," The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, Vol. 8, No. 9, pp. 1333-1342, 2013. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2013.8.9.1333
- K. D. King, "The Development of the Short-Term Predict Model for Solar Power Generation," Journal of the Korean Solar Energy Society, Vol. 33, No. 6, pp. 62-69, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7836/kses.2013.33.6.062
- A. Molki, "Dust affects solar cell efficiency," Physics Education, Vol. 45, pp. 456-458, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9120/45/5/F03
- Pratish Rawat, Pardeep Kumar, "Performance evaluation of solar photovoltaic/thermal systems," International Journal of Science and Research, Vol. 4, Issue 8, pp. 1466-1471, 2015.
- C. S. Chin, A. Babu, W. McBride, "Design, modeling and testing of a standalone single axis active solar tracker using MATLAB/Simulink," Renewable Energy, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 3075-3090, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2011.03.026
- Modeling and fault diagnosis of a photovoltaic systems," Electrical Power Research, Vol. 78, No. 1, pp. 97-105, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2006.12.012
- A. Mellit, S. Kalogirou, "ANFIS-based modelling for photovoltaic power supply system: A case study," Renewable Energy, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 250-258, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2010.06.028
- Hyun Cheol Cho, Young Jin Jung, "Probabilistic Modeling of Photovoltaic Power Systems with Big Learning Data Sets," Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, Vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 412-417, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2013.23.5.412
- Jae-Ju Song, Yoon-Su Jeong, Sang-Ho Lee, "Analysis of prediction model for solar power generation," Journal of Digital Convergence , Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 243-248, 2014.
- Kim Kwang-Deuk, "The Development of the Short-Term Predict Model for Solar Power Generation," The Korean Solar Energy Society, Vol. 33, No. 6, pp. 62-69. 2013. https://doi.org/10.7836/kses.2013.33.6.062
- Chang-Sung Lee, Pyeong-Shik Ji, "Development of Daily PV Power Forecasting Models using ELM," The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 64P, No. 3, pp. 164-168. 2015.
- J. C. Bezdek, Pattern recognition with fuzzy objective function algorithms, Plenum Press, New York, 1981.
- G. B. Huang, Q. Y. Zhu, and C. K. Siew, "Extreme learning machine: a new learning scheme of feedforward neural networks," in Proc. 2004 IEEE Int. Conf. Neural Networks, Vol. 2, pp. 985-990, 2004.
Supported by : 중소기업청