- Volume 65 Issue 2
Current differential protection relaying with second harmonic restraint is the main protection for large capacity power transformer. PSCAD simulation program is widely used for modeling of dynamic varying transients phenomena. This paper deals with a power transformer model and transients analysis using PSCAD software to develop IED for power transformer. Simulation was carried out using a three phase 40MVA, 154/22.9kV, 60Hz, two-winding transformer with Y-Y connection used in actual fields. The paper analyzed transformer magnetizing inrush, external fault, and internal fault conditions with this model in the time domain. In addition, we performed an analysis in the frequency domain using FFT during several conditions.
Current differential protection;FFT;Internal fault;Magnetizing inrush;PSCAD;Transients phenomena
- Patrick Bastard, Pierre Bertand, Michel Meunier, "A Transformer Model for Winding Fault Studies", IEEE Trans. on PD., Vol.9, No.2, pp. 690-699, 1994. 4.
- M.C. Kim, S.H. Kang, S.J. Lee, K.H. Kim, I.D. Kim., "Analysis of Transformer Characteristics for Current Differential Protective Relaying", KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 671-673, 1996. 7.
- C.H. Lim, M.W. Park, I.K. Yu, "Modeling of Superconducting Transformer using PSCAD/EMTDC", KIEE Spring Conference, pp. 37-39, 2003. 4.
- S.D. Cho "Scott Transformer Modeling for EMTP", 2005 KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 387-389, 2005. 7.
- K.B. Kwon, C.H. Kim, "Dynamic Performance Test of Power Transformer Protective Relaying using 345kV Transformer Modeling of PSCAD/RTDC", KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 120-123, 2005. 7.
- H.C. Seo, S.M. Yeo, C.H. Kim, Y.S. Lyu, B.S. Cho, "Modeling of Transformer Inrush Current on JEJU Power System using EMTP", KIEE PES Autumn Conference, pp. 95-97, 2007. 11.
- H.C. Seo, S.M. Yeo, C.H. Kim, Y.S. Lyu, B.S. Cho, "An alysis of Power Quality by Transformer Inrush Current", Trans. KIEE, Vol. 57, No. 6, pp. 932-937, 2008. 6.
- K.M. Lee, S.Y. Kim, S.Y. Lee, Y.Y. Park, C.W. Park, "A Study on Transformer Modeling", KIEE Power Engineering Society Autumn Conference, pp. 116-122, 2015. 10.
- A. Guzman, Daqing Hou, S. E. Zocholl, "TRANSFORMER MODELING AS APPLIED TO DIFFERENTIAL PROTECTION", Electrical and Computer Engineering Canadian Conference, Vol. 1, pp. 108-114, 1996.
- Mobammad S. Naderi, M. Vakilian, "A Method for Modeling Power Transformer Tap Winding", Conference Record of the 2004 IEEE International Symposium on Electrical Insulation, Indianapolis, pp. 34-37, 2004. 9.
- Nicola Chiesa, Bruce A. Mork, Hans Kristian Hoidalen, "Transformer Model for Inrush Current Calculations : Simulations, Measurements and Sensitivity Analysis", IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 2599-2608, 2010. 10.
- Flavio B. Costa, "Modeling Differential Protections of Power Transformers and Their Testing Using PSCAD/EMTDC Software", International Journal of Systems Applications, Engineering & Development, Issue 3, Volume 7, pp. 139-147, 2013.
- Shantanav Bhowmick and Subhasis Nandi, "Online Detection of an Interturn Winding Fault in Single-Phase Distribution Transformers Using a Terminal Measurement-Based Modeling Technique", IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 1007-1015, 2015. 4. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2014.2347320
- S. Jazebi, F. de Leon, et al., "Duality Derived Transformer Models for Low-Frequency Electromagnetic Transients-Part II:Complementary Modeling Guidelines", IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, 2016.
- Jiadai Liu, Venkata Dinavahi, "Detailed Magnetic Equivalent Circuit Based Real-Time Nonlinear Power Transformer Model on FPGA for Electromagnetic Transient Studies", IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 63, No. 2, pp. 1191-1202, 2016. 2. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2015.2477487
- K.M. Lee, S.C. Soon, Y.Y. Park, C.W. Park, "A Comparative Study of Percentage Differential Relaying for Transformer Protection", ICEE 2016, 2016. 7.(proposed)
Supported by : ENTEC Co., Ltd.