- Volume 65 Issue 2
Gait recognition has advantage of non-contact type recognition. But It has disadvantage of low recognition rate when the pedestrian silhouette is changed due to bag or coat. In this paper, we proposed new method using combination of gait energy image feature and thermal face image feature. First, we extracted a face image which has optimal focusing value using human body rate and Tenengrad algorithm. Second step, we extracted features from gait energy image and thermal face image using linear discriminant analysis. Third, calculate euclidean distance between train data and test data, and optimize weights using genetic algorithm. Finally, we compute classification using nearest neighbor classification algorithm. So the proposed method shows a better result than the conventional method.
Multimodal recognition;Gait recognition;Tenengrad;Fusion recognition
- D. Kim, J. Paik "Gait recognition using active shape model and motion prediction" Computer Vision IET, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 25-36, March 2010. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-cvi.2009.0009
- J. Zang, J. Pu, C. Chen, and R. Fleischer, "Low resolution gait recognition," IEEE Trans. Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 986-996, Aug 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCB.2010.2042166
- C. BenAbdelkader and R. Cutler, "View invariant estimation of height and stride for gait recognition", Workshop on Biometric Authentication ECCV, pp. 155-167, May 2002.
- W. Kusakunniran, Q. Wu, H. Li, and J. Zhang, "Multiple views gait recognition using view transformation model based on optimized gait energy image" Computer Vision Workshops(ICCV) IEEE Conference on, pp. 1058-1064, September. 2009.
- J. J. Little and J. E. Boyd, "Recognition people by their gait: the shape of motion", Videre, vol. 1, no. 2, 1998
- L. Lee, and W. E. L Grimson, "Gait appearance for recognition", Workshop on Biometric Authentication ECCV, pp. 143-154, 2002.
- R. Collins, R. Gross, and J. Shi, "Silhouette-based human identification from body shape and gait", IEEE Conference on Face and Gesture Recognition, pp. 351-356, May 2002.
- A. Kale, A. K. R. Chowdhury, R. Chellappa, "Towards a view invariant gait recognition algorithm", Advanced video and signal based surveillance IEEE Conference on, pp. 143-150, July 2003.
- Xiaxi Huang, N. V. Boulgouris, "Gait recognition with shifted energy image and structural feature extraction", Image Processing, IEEE Transaction on, Vol. 21, pp. 2256-2268, April 2012.
- J. Park, W. Lee, J. Cho, C. Song, and M. Chun, "Gait Recognition and Person Identification for Surveillance Robots", Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics, and Systems, Vol. 15, No. 5, May 2009.
- D. Tan, K. Huang, S. Yu, and T. Tan, "Efficient night gait recognition based on template matching", The 18th International Conference on Pattern Recognition(ICPR), vol. 3, pp. 1000-1003, August 2006.
- Z. Xue, D. Ming, W. Song, B Wan, and S. Jin, "Infrared gait recognition based on wavelet transform and support vector machine", Pattern Recognition, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 2904-2910, August 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2010.03.011
- M. S. Islam, and M. R. Islam, "Window based clothing invariant gait recognition", International Conference on Advances in Electrical Engineering(ICAEE), pp. 411-414, 2013.
- X. Zhou, and B. Bhanu, "Intergrating face and gait for human recognition at a distance in video", IEEE Transaction on system, man, and cybernetics, vol 37, no. 5, pp. 1119-1137, October 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCB.2006.889612
- S. Jung, and M. S. Nixon, "On using gait to enhance frontal face extraction", IEEE Transaction on information forensics and security, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 1802-1811, December 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIFS.2012.2218598
- L. Qi-Shen, L. Zhi-Tian, Z. Dan-Dan, "Intergratioin of gait and side face for human recognition in video", Electronic Commerce and Security, 2009. ISECS 'Second International Symposium on, Vol. 2, pp. 65-69. May 2009.
- M. S. Almohammad, G. I. Salama, and T. A. Mahmoud, "Human identification system based on feature level fusion using face and gait biometrics", Engineering and Technology (ICET), 2012 International Conference on, pp. 1-5, October 2012.
- B.A. Lathika, D. Devaraj, "Artificial neural network based multimodal biometrics recognition system", Control, Instrumentation, Communication and Computational Technologies (ICCICCT), 2014 International Conference on, pp. 973-978, July 2014.
- M. A. Hossain, Y. Makihara, J. Wang, Y. Yagi, "Clothing-invariant gait identification using part-based clothing categorization and adaptive weight control", Pattern Recognition, vol. 43, No. 6, pp. 2281-2291, Jun 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2009.12.020
- M. Chun, S. Kong, "Focusing in thermal imagery using morphological gradient operator", Pattern Recognition, Vol. 38, pp. 20-25, March 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2013.10.023
- 1. Privacy-preserving Image Processing with Binocular Thermal Cameras vol.1, pp.4, 2018, doi:10.5370/KIEEP.2016.65.2.130
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 한국연구재단