- Volume 32 Issue 2
To compare seed components of plus trees, seed powder ground after seedcoat removal was analyzed for two oak species, i. e., Quercus monglica (white oak) and Quercus variabilis (red oak), which are typical oak trees in Korea but have different fruiting characteristics. Thus we aimed at analyzing and comparing many ingredients including minerals, sugars, etc. Two species were similar to each other in the content of water, crude ash, crude protein and carbohydrates, but crude lipid content in Q. variabilis was 2.5 times higher than that in Q. mongolica. Crude proteins of Clone 124 was 1.5 times higher than that of Clone 75 in Q. mongolica. Crude lipid content showed the highest value in Clone 0511 of Q. variabilis, and more phosphate and iron was found in Q. monglica than in Q. variabilis. Glucose showed 85.4% and 88.3% on average of the total monosacchrides in two species, and galactose and arabinose were also found. In the content of phosphate, iron, and crude lipid, differences were found between two species and among clones of two species.
acorn;component analysis;plus tree;Quercus mongolica;Quercus variabilis
- Blakeney AB, Harris PJ, Henry RJ, Stone BA. 1983. A simple and rapid preparation of alditol acetates for monosaccharide analysis. Carbohydrate Research 113: 291-299. https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-6215(83)88244-5
- Cho JM. 1990. Studies on the development and utilization of Korean oak resources. Korea Forest Service. pp 37. (in Korean)
- Choi IS, Moon YS, Kwak EJ. 2012. Composition of resveratrol and other bioactive compounds, and antioxidant activities in different mulberry cultivars. Korean J Hort Sci Technol 30: 301-307. https://doi.org/10.7235/hort.2012.12040
- Jung MJ, Heo SI, Wang MH. 2007. Comparative studies for component analysis in acorn powders from Korea and China. Korean J Pharmacogn 38: 90-94.
- Kim EO, Lee YJ, Leem HH, Seo IH, Yu MH, Kang DH, Choi SW. 2010. Comparison of nutritional and functional constituents, and physicochemical characteristics of mulberrys from seven different Morus alba L. cultivars. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 39: 1467-1475. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.10.1467
- Kim SH, Lee WK, Choi CS, Cho SM. 2012. Quality characteristics of muffins with added acorn jelly powder and acorn ethanol extract powder. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 41: 369-375. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.3.369
- Kim YD, Choi OJ, Kim KJ, Kim KM, Hur CK, Cho IK. 2005. Component analysis of different parts of chestnut. Korean J Food Preserv 12: 156-160.
- Lee JC, Lee BD, Lee HY, Chung DO, Eun JB. 2009. Nutritional compositions in edible portion of Castanopsis cuspidata seeds. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 649-652. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.5.649
- Lee WK, Kim SH, Choi CS, Cho SM. 2012. Study on the quality properties of hardtack added with acorn jelly powder and acorn ethanol extract. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 41: 376-382. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.3.376
- Miller HA, Lamb SH. 1984. Oaks of North America. Nature-graph Publishers. Inc., Happy Camp, CA, pp 128-129.
- Rural Development Administration. 2006. Food composition table. p.88. (in Korean)
- Shim TH, Kim SY, Sa JH, Shin IC, Heo SI, Wang MH. 2004. Studies for component analysis and antioxidative evaluation in acorn powders. Korean J Food Sci Technol 36: 800-803.
- Shim TH, Lee HH, Lee SY, Choi YS. 1998. Composition of Buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum Moench) cultivars from Korea. Korean J Food Sci Technol 30: 1259-1266.
- Song JH. 2002. Genetic variation of natural populations of Quercus variabilis in Korea based on RAPDs and morphological characters. Ph. Doctor's degree thesis. Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea, pp 1-4.
- Suh MH, Lee DK. 1998. Stand structure and regeneration of Quercus mongolica forests in Korea. Forest Ecology and Management 106: 27-34. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-1127(97)00236-3
- Yang KH, Ahn JH, Kim HJ, Lee JY, You BR, Song JE, Oh HL, Kim NY, Kim MR. 2011. Properties of nutritional compositions and antioxidant activity of acorn crude starch by geographical origins. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 40: 928-934. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.7.928
- Yi ES, Lee YS, Kim HD, Kim YH. 2008. Variation of anthocyanin contents according to collection site and maturity in black soybean. Korean J Crop Sci 53: 376-381.
- Zedler JB. 2011. Wetlands. In: Encyclopedia of Biological Invasions (Simberloff D, Rejmanek M, eds). University of California Press, Berkeley, pp 698-704.
Grant : 산림자원조성 및 생산성 향상 연구
Supported by : 국립산림과학원