- Volume 32 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Transportation Optimization and Efficient Production Method of Raw Materials for Pellet for Construction of Supply Chain Management
Choi, Sang Hyun;Lee, Jae Hwan;Bakyt, Bekzhanov;Woo, Jong Choon
- Received : 2016.03.25
- Accepted : 2016.05.15
- Published : 2016.05.31
This study designed a model of the efficient production schemes and raw materials transportation optimization of current South Korean's simple and monolithic distribution system of wood to build a SCM (supply chain management) as a basic level to establish a distribution of future by pellet production of raw materials costs and reduce transport costs, and specifically to forest of pallet to contribute to revitalizing the market. The result of each transportation costs after building the best transportation network from raw material supply area to demand area applying transport law was 964,600 thousands Won from 6 supply areas to 7 demand areas. And the result of each model's analysis to get the pellet's efficient production through production cost reduction showed that it reduced from 325,701 Won/t to 240,106 Won/t, results of existing efficient pellet for the production model 8,233 tons over 20,000 tons annual production capacity from the size of the expanded production capacity when the expansion. However, when the production size expanded to 50,000 Tons of the production, the effect was very small even though production cost decreased.
SCM;pellet;transportation network;transportation optimization;operation research
- Chu YJ. 2008. A construction plan of a hydrogen supply infrastructure for the national capital region utilizing a transportation model. MS thesis. Dankuk University, Seoul, Korea. (in Korean)
- Dick C, Mikael R. 2005. Supply chain management in forestry-case studies at sodra cell AB. Euro J of Oper Res 163: 589-616. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2004.02.001
- Epstein R, Morales R, Seron J, Weintraub A. 1999. Use of OR systems in the chilean forestry industry. J Interfaces 29: 7-29. https://doi.org/10.1287/inte.29.1.7
- Gunnarsson H. 2007. Supply chain optimization in the forest industry. Linkoping Stu Tech: 110-115.
- Gunnarssona H, Ronnqvista M, Lundgrenb JT. 2004. Supply chain modelling of forest fuel. Euro J of Oper Res 158: 103-123. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(03)00354-0
- Jang YB. 2014. A study of optimal hydrogen transportation system utilizing linear programming. MS thesis. Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea. (in Korean)
- Kim HW. 2000. Strategic method for the successful introduction of SCM. MS thesis. Hongik University, Seoul, Korea. (in Korean)
- Kim SM. 2000. A study on the supply chain management implementation in Korean corporate environment. Korea Productivity Association 13: 189-214.
- Koo CG. 2006. A study for supply chain management model on small and medium-sized shipbulding Yard. MS thesis. Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea. (in Korean)
- Korea Forest Service. 2010. Research on wood pellet management based on prediction of future supply and demand for wood pellet.
- Li Y, Wang L. 2008. Modeling supply chain management in forestry enterprises in northeast China. International Conference on Technology and Automation 2: 642-645.
- Ronnqvist M. 2003. Optimization in forestry. Mathematical programming, Series B 97: 267-284. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10107-003-0444-0
- Korea Forest Service. 2013. The domestic timber market price trends.
Supported by : Woo Dang Atheneum Foundation