- Volume 33 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study on Spring-Back Effect according to Roll Gap and Forming Velocity of Roll Forming Process
롤 포밍 공정의 롤 갭과 성형속도에 따른 스프링 백 영향 연구
Kim, Dong Hong;Yoon, Dae-Hwan;Seol, Sang-Seok;Jung, Dong Won
- Received : 2016.01.18
- Accepted : 2016.02.29
- Published : 2016.06.03
The spring-back and bow phenomenon in the roll forming process are important factors regarding the accuracy of evaluation of production goods. The purpose of this study was to determine the influence of spring-back and bow phenomenon according to the main variables (forming velocity and roll gap). The material of the forming sheet was high tension steel (SPFH 590), which has been used commonly in recent years. In order to accurately measure the spring-back and bow phenomenon, the forming sheet was formed into a V-shape. The study was applied to OFAT (One Factor at a Time) experimentation, with respect to the experimental variables (the forming speed and the roll gap). In the experimental results, the forming speed had a small influence on the spring-back and bow phenomenon. However, the roll gap had a greater influence on the springback and the bow phenomenon, as opposed to the forming speed.
Roll forming process;Spring-Back;Roll gap;Forming velocity;High tension steel
- Kim, J. K., "Present Status and Properties of Light - Weight Materials in Automobile," Journal of the Korea Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 29-38, 1988.
- Kim, C.-I., Yang, S.-H., and Kim, Y.-S., "Prediction of Formability of Aluminum Alloy 5454 Sheet," Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers A, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 179-186, 2012. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.2.179
- Jang, H.-J., Shin, K.-B., and Han S.-H., "A Study on the Lightweight Design of Hybrid Modular Carbody Structures Made of Sandwich Composites and Aluminum Extrusions Using Optimum Analysis Method," Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers A, Vol. 36, No. 11, pp. 1335-1343, 2012. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.11.1335
- Kim, D. H. and Jung, D. W., "Roll Forming Analysis for High Strength Steel Bumper Process," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 30, No. 8, pp.797-801, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2013.30.8.797
- Cho, J. G., Koo, J. S., and Jung, H. S., "Study on Weight Reduction of Urban Transit Carbody Based on Material Changes and Structural Optimization," Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers A, Vol. 37, No. 9, pp. 1099-1107, 2013.
- Choi, H. S., Kim, S. G., Kim, B. M., and Ko, D. C., "Quantitative Evaluation of Scratch Related Tool Life for Stamping of UHSS Using Pin-on-Flat Surface Test," Transactions of Materials Processing, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 86-92, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2013.22.2.86
- Kim, K. Y., Jang, S. G., Jung, H. S., Oh, K. S., Yun, J. J., et al., "The Development of High Strength Steel Car in Sill Side by Roll Forming Process," Journal of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 29-34, 2011.
- Bae, W. R., Shim, B. K., Jo, Y., and Jung, C. S., "Development of the Roll Forming for High Strength Long Rail," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 27, No. 5, pp. 1151-1152, 2010.
- Lee, T. S. and Kim, G. W., "Finite Element Analysis for Precision Roll Forming Process of Stainless Slide Rail," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 26, No. 8, pp. 96-103, 2009.
- Kim, D. H., Jung, D. W., Yoon, D. H., and Zhang, Y., "Study on Springback of High Tension Steel Following Various Temperature and Local Pre-Heating in the Roll Forming Process," Proc. of IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 103, pp. 12-35, 2015.
- Kim, D. H., Yoon, D. H., and Jung, D. W., "Study on Spring-Back Effect with Various Temperature of Magnesium Alloy in Roll Forming Process," Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 1016, pp. 75-79, 2014. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.1016.75
- Uemori, T., Okada, T., and Yoshida, F., "Simulation of Springback in V-Bending Process by Elasto-Plastic Finite Element Method with Consideration of Bauschinger Effect," Metals and Materials, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 311-314, 1998.
Supported by : 제주대학교