- Volume 33 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effect of Reference Current and Depth of Cut on Electro-Discharge Energy in Electro-Discharge Truing Process for Metal-Bonded Grinding Wheel
금속결합제 연삭숫돌의 방전트루잉에서 기준전류와 절입깊이가 방전에너지에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2016.04.14
- Accepted : 2016.04.28
- Published : 2016.06.03
This study focused on developing an electro-discharge truing method for the ELID grinding process using a metal-bonded grinding wheel. The truing process in grinding plays important roles in enhancing the quality of the ground surface. In this study, a reference current in the electro-discharge truing process was confirmed to be a viable solution for efficient truing through performance experiments. Current and voltage variation experiments were carried out and the variation output data were collected with a monitoring program to understand the electrodischarge phenomenon that occurs between metal-bonded grinding wheels and copper electrodes. The experimental results showed that as the reference current decreased, the average electro-discharge energy decreased. Therefore, the reference current can be used as an indicator to estimate the size of the gap between the truer and grinding wheel.
Electro-Discharge truing;Electro-Discharge energy;ELID grinding process;Metal bonded grinding wheel
- Lee, E. S., Kang, J. H., and Je, T. J., "High Precision Grinding Technology Using Electrolytic Dressing Method," Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 25-33, 2000.
- Kim, S. H. and Ahn, J. H., "Reducing the Non Grinding Time in Grinding Operations," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 14, No. 8, 101-107, 1997.
- Lee, J. S., "A Study on the Truing of Diamond Wheel for Micro V-shaped Groove Grinding," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 22, No. 9, pp. 27-33, 2005.
- Kim, Y. Y., Kwak, T. S., and Kim K. N., "Mirror-Surface Machining Properties of Structural Ceramics Using Diamond Abrasives," Journal of the Korean Ceramic Society, Vol. 47, No. 4, pp. 290-295, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4191/KCERS.2010.47.4.290
- Wang, Y., Zhou, X.-J., and Hu, D.-J., "An Experimental Investigation of Dry-Electrical Discharge Assisted Truing and Dressing of Metal Bonded Diamond Wheel," International Journal of Machine Tool & Manufacture, Vol. 46, No. 3, pp. 338-342, 2006.
Supported by : 경남과학기술대학교