- Volume 27 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Research on Resource Allocation Method for a Hybrid WSD Based on Location Probability
위치확률 기반의 하이브리드 WSD 무선자원 할당 방안 연구
Chang, Hyugnmin;Lee, Won-Cheol
- Received : 2016.01.26
- Accepted : 2016.04.20
- Published : 2016.06.07
portable white space device(WSD) obeying the Korean regulations of TV white space(TVWS) can cause harmful interference to a digital TV receiver residing at the same pixel around the edge of the digital TV service coverage for the case with a changed propagation environment. In order to solve this problem, we propose a method to allocate the resource of a hybrid WSD based on TVWS geo-location DB with spectrum sensing. Using the received power of digital TV signal through the spectrum sensing, a hybrid WSD can calculate the maximum permitted EIRP based on location probability. Based on the accurate allocation method proposed in this paper, it is possible to satisfy the Korean TVWS regulations and to eliminate the harmful interference to TV receivers nearby the hybrid WSD.
TV White Space;White Space Device;Effective Isotropic Radiated Power;TV Band Device;Hybrid WSD;Geo-Location Database;Spectrum Sensing
- FCC 08-260A1, Second Report and Order and Memorandum Opinion and Order, Nov. 2008.
- DA 13-324, "Office of engineering and technology authorizes TV white space database administrators to provide service to unlicensed devices operating on unused TV spectrum nationwide", Public Notice, FCC, Mar. 2013.
- FCC 12-36, "Third memorandum opinion and order", Apr. 2012.
- "무선설비규칙 개정(안) 입안예고", 방송통신위원회 공고 제2012-113호, 2012년 9월.
- ECC Report 159, "Technical and operational requirements for the possible operation of cognitive radio systems in the 'white spaces' of the frequency band 470-790 MHz", Jan. 2011.
- H. R. Karimi, "Geolocation databases for white space devices in the UHF TV bands: Specification of maximum permitted emission levels", Proc. IEEE International Symposium on Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks(DySPAN 2011), pp. 443-454, May 2011.
- V. Petrini, H. R. Karimi, "TV white space databases: Algorithms for the calculation of maximum permitted radiated power levels", Proc. IEEE International Symposium on New Frontiers in Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks(DySPAN 2012), pp. 552-560, Oct. 2012.
- Technical and operational requirements for the operation of white space devices under geolocation approach, ECC Std. Report 186, Jan. 2013.
- 장형민, 연인원, 이원철, "위치확률 기반의 TVBD 전력 할당 방안 연구", 2015 한국전자파학회 하계종합학술대회, 2015년 8월.
- Ofcom, "Implementing TV white spaces", Feb. 2015.
- Recommendation ITU-R P.1546-5, "Method for pointto-area predictions for terrestrial services in the frequency range 30 MHz to 3,000 MHz", Sep. 2013.
- S. C. Schwartz, Y. S. Yeh, "On the distribution function and moments of power sums with log-normal components", The Bell Systems Technical Journal, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 1441-1462, Sep. 1982. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1538-7305.1982.tb04353.x
- A. Safak, "Statistical analysis of the power sum of multiple correlated log-normal components", IEEE Tran. on Vehicular Technology, vol. 42, no. 1, Feb. 1993.
- Recommendation ITU-R BT.1368-12, "Planning criteria, including protection ratios, for digital terrestrial television services in the VHF/UHF bands", Feb. 2015.
- ECO, SEAMCAT Handbook, Jan. 2010.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP), 중소기업청