- Volume 65 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Comparative Analysis of 2-Phase Inverter Topologies for 2-Phase Induction Motor
2상 유도전동기 구동을 위한 2상 인버터 토폴로지의 비교 분석
- Received : 2015.12.30
- Accepted : 2016.05.23
- Published : 2016.06.01
In this paper, three kinds of the inverter topologies for the variable speed drive of 2-phase induction motor are compared and analyzed. The 2-phase inverters are classified into 2-leg, 3-leg, and 4-leg types depending on the number of power switching devices. And they use the output voltage vectors of the different forms according to the inverter topologies. Based on the comparative analyzed results, the effective values of output voltage have been defined by the linear modulation range. Therefore, the motor design guideline is proposed in order to decide a rated voltage of 2-phase induction motor according to the inverter topologies. Also, the computer simulations are carried out to verify the output voltage and current characteristics of each inverter topology.
2-phase induction motor;2-phase inverter;2-leg inverter;3-leg inverter;4-leg inverter
- P. C. Sen, Principle of Electric Machines and Power Electronics, John Wiley & Sons, pp. 373-433, 1996.
- A. E. Fitzgerald, C. Kingsley Jr., and S. D. Umans, Electric Machinery, McGraw-Hill, pp. 452-489, 2002.
- S. J. Chapman, Electric Machinery Fundamentals, McGraw-Hill, pp. 565-597, 2011.
- P. C. Krause, O. Wasynczuk, and S. D. Sudhoff, Analysis of Electric Machinery and Drive Systems, Wiley-Interscience, pp. 361-364, 2002.
- A. S. Ba-thunya, R. Khopkar, K. Wei, and H. A. Toliyat, "Single Phase Induction Motor Drives-A Literature Survey", IEEE EMDC 2001, pp. 911-916, June 2001.
- L. C. Tomaselli, T. B. Lazzarin, D. C. Martins, and I. Barbi, "Application of the Vector Modulation in the Symmetrical Two-Phase Induction Machine Drive", IEEE PESC 2005, pp. 1253-1258, June 2005.
- D.-H. Jang, "PWM Methods for Two-Phase Inverters", IEEE Ind. Applicat. Mag., vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 50-61, Mar./Apr. 2007.
- F. Blaabjerg, D. O. Neacsu, and J. K. Pedersen, "Adaptive SVM to Compensate DC-link Voltage Ripple for Four-Switch Three-Phase Voltage-Source Inverters", IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 743-752, July 1999.
- M. A. Jabbar, A. M. Khambadkonea, and Z. Yanfeng, "Space-Vector Modulation in a Two-Phase Induction Motor Drive for Constant-Power Operation", IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 1081-1088, Oct. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2004.834969
- Y.-S. Kim, D.-C. Lee, and J.-K. Seok, "Compensation of Effects of DC-Link Ripple Voltages on Output Voltage of Two-Leg Three-Phase PWM Inverters", Trans. of KIEE, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 47-53, Jan. 2006.
- J.-H. Bae and D.-Y. Yoon, "2-Leg Inverter for 2-Phase Induction Motor with Power Factor Correction", Conference of KIPE, pp. 116-117, July 2014.
- D.-H. Jang and D.-Y. Yoon, "Space Vector PWM Technique for Two-Phase Inverter-Fed Two-Phase Induction Motors", IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat., vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 542-549, Mar./Apr. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2003.809448
- Y.-K. Lo, C.-T. Ho, and J.-M. Wang, "Elimination of the Output Voltage Imbalance in a Half-Bridge Boost Rectifier", IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 1352-1360, July 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2007.900591
- M. B. R. Correa, C. B. Jacobina, A. M. N. Lima, and E. R. C. da Silva, "A Three-Leg Voltage Source Inverter for Two-Phase AC Motor Drive Systems", IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 517-523, July 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2002.800984
- H. Lin, F. Zhao, and B.-I. Kwon, "Space-vector PWM Techniques for a Two-Phase Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Considering a Reduction in Switching Losses", J Electr. Eng. Technol., vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 905-915, May 2015. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.3.905