- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis on the herbal combinations in Korean medicine for atopic dermatitis
아토피 치료 처방의 본초 활용 분석
Kim, An-Na;Kim, Sang-Kyun;Seo, Jin-Soon;Kim, Sang-Hyun;Kim, Young-Eun;Jang, Hyun-Chul
- Received : 2016.04.08
- Accepted : 2016.05.06
- Published : 2016.05.25
Objective : The aim of this study was to search and analyze the herbal combinations in formulas used to treat atopic dermatitis in Korean medicine. Methods : Articles on the atopy were searched for from among those registered on the OASIS up to December, 2015. After the articles were reviewed, information on both internal and external formulas for atopy was constructed. Then, the herbal combination in the formulas was analyzed by using frequency distribution, network analysis, and data mining. Results : The combination of 'Saposhnikovia Radix - Schizonepetae Spica' and 'Scutellariae Radix - Phellodendri Cortex ' was mostly used in both internal and external formulas to treat atopy in articles. By using the network analysis and data mining, twelve combinations including ' (Saposhnikovia Radix, Ponciri Fructus Pericarpium) - (Platycodi Radix, Schizonepetae Spica) ' were discovered. Five effective combinations were also searched for external formulas.Conclusions : This study could help researchers to analyze the formulas in various ways. Moreover, the herbal combination in atopy formulas could be used to search for atopy formulas in other databases or make a new prescription.
atopic dermatitis;Traditional Korean medical prescription;network analysis;association analysis
- Korea Institute Of Oriental Medicine. KMCPG-Atopic Dermatitis. ELSEVIER. 2015. 5p.
- Kim KB, Min SY, Kim JH. The Methodological Study on Atopic Dermatitis in the latest clinical study. J Korean Oriental Pediatrics. 2006;20(2):151-64.
- Yu SJ, Cho YS, Lee JH, Seo DM, Yea SJ, Kim C. Implementing Biological Network Analysis System through Oriental Medical. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association. 2015;15(10):616-25. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.10.616
- Hong DK, Yook SH, Kim MY, Park YG, Ohl HS, Nam DH, et al. A Structural Analysis of Sanghanron by Network Model. J Korean Oriental Med. 2011;32(1):55-66.
- Jeong YK, Kim HS, Kim HH, Park YJ, Park YB. Exploratory Structural Analysis on Eight Positions for New Formulations in Jingyuequanshu by Network Analysis. J Korean Oriental Med. 2014;35(3):49-59. https://doi.org/10.13048/jkm.14030
- Gao C, Cheng L, Qinglin Z, Cheng X, Shijie X, Dahong J, et al. A network-based analysis of traditional Chinese medicine cold and hot patterns in rheumatoid arthritis. Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 2012;20:23-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctim.2011.10.005
- Huang HL, Zheng LV, Zang YH, Han T. Analysis on Composition Principles of Prescriptions for Depression in Modern Literature of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Information on Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2014;31(5):67-9.
- Lee SH, Yun YG. Study for treatment of Atopic dermatitis in Oriental Medical Prescription. J Korean Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2006;19(3):103-17.
- Hsing YC, Yi HL, Jen WH, Yu CC. Chinese herbal medicine network and core treatments for allergic skin diseases : Implications from a nationwide database. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2015:260–7.
- Jang HC. Ontology-based Traditional Korean Medicine Knowledge Framework. Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine. 2012.
- Stanley W, Katherine R. Social Nework Analysis. Cambridge University Press. 2009:3.
- Lee SS. Network Analysis Methods. Nonhyoung. 2013:88.
- Wikipedia. Markov chain Monte Carlo. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 2016 Mar. Available from: URL: https://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/Markov_chain_Monte_Carlo
- Wutang. Onbyeongjobyeon. Paju, Gyeonggido: Jipmoondang. 2004:547,567.
- Galit S, Nitin RP, Peter CB. Enbplus. 2nd ed. Seoul:E&B Plus. 2012:314-5, 324.