- Volume 15 Issue 2
A Study for Parallel Computing Efficiency Comparing Numerical Solutions of Battery Pack
배터리 팩 수치해석 해의 비교를 통한 병렬연산 효율성 연구
- Kim, Kwang Sun (School of Mechatronics Engineering, Koreatech) ;
- Jang, Kyung Min (Graduate School of Mechatronics Engineering, Koreatech)
- Received : 2016.05.20
- Accepted : 2016.06.10
- Published : 2016.06.30
The parallel computer cluster system has been known as the powerful tool to solve a complex physical phenomenon numerically. The numerical analysis of large size of Li-ion battery pack, which has a complex physical phenomenon, requires a large amount of computing time. In this study, the numerical analyses were conducted for comparing the computing efficiency between the single workstation and the parallel cluster system both with multicore CPUs'. The result shows that the parallel cluster system took the time 80 times faster than the single work station for the same battery pack model. The performance of cluster system was increased linearly with more CPU cores being increased.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Jang, H., Jang, K.M., and Kim, K.S., "A Research on the Assessment of Thermal Performance of Energy Storage Li-Ion Battery Pack", KSSDT, 13(1), pp.101-108, (2014).
- West, R. E., and Kreith, F., "A Vision for a Secure Transportation System Without Hydrogen and Oil," ASME J. Energy Resour. Technol., 128(3), pp. 236-243,(2007).
- Smith K. and Wang C. Y., "Power and Thermal Characterization of a Li-ion battery Pack for Hybrid-electric Vehicles," Journal of Power Sources, Vol 160, pp.662-673,(2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2006.01.038
- Bajura, R. A. and Jones, E. H. Jr., "Flow distribution manifolds," ASME J. of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 98, pp. 656-666, (1976).
- Hu, M. H., Qin, D. T., Shi, W. K., and Yang, Y. L., "A study on temperature field of Ni2MH batteries for hybrid electric vehicle," Automotive Engineering, Vol. 29 ( 1), pp. 37-40, (2007).
- Kyung-Min Jang and Kwang Sun Kim, "Numerical Analysis of Inner Reaction Effects of Cylindrical Liion Battery by Discharge Rates", Proc. of IMECE-63610, 2011 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Vol 4, pp.975-981(2011).
- E.Thomas, J.Newman, and R.M.Darling, Advances in Lithium-Ion Batteries, B. Scrosati and W. van Schalkwijk, eds., New York: Kluwer Academic Publishers, (2002).
- C. Marc Doyle, Design and Simulation of Lithium Re-chargeable Batteries, Ph.D Thesis, University of Cali-fornia, Berkeley, (1995).
- Suhas V. Patankar, Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow, McGraw-Hill, pp11-14, (1980).
- Z. Lan, and P. Deshikachar, "Performance Analysis of a Large-Scale Cosmology Application on Three Cluster Systems," Proc. of 2003 IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing (Cluster 2003), pp. 56-63(2003).
- Kim, J. N., Kim, H. J. and Lee, C. H., "The Node Scheduling of Multi-Threaded Process for CC-NUMA System," The Transactions of the Korea Information Processing Society, Vol. 7(2), pp. 488-496(2000).
- Rolf Rabenseifner, "Hybrid Parallel Programming: Performance Problems and Chances," Proc. of the 45th CUG Conference 2003, pp. 1-11(2003).