- Volume 25 Issue 3
Low temperature test for half-wave resonator (HWR) cryomodule is performed at the superfluid helium temperature of 2 K. The effective temperature is defined for non-uniform temperature distribution. Helium leak detection techniques are introduced for cryogenic system. Experimental set up is shown to make the low temperature test for the HWR cryomodule. The cooldown procedure of the HWR cryomodule is shown from room temperature to 2 K. The cryomodules is precooled with liquid nitrogen and then liquid helium is supplied to the helium reservoirs and cavities. The pressure of cavity and chamber are monitored as a function of time. The vacuum pressure of the cryomodule is not increased at 2 K, which shows leak-tight in the superfluid helium environment. Static heat load is also measured for the cryomodule at 2.5 K.
Cryomodule;Linear accelerator;Low temperature test;Effective temperature;Vacuum pump
- Sun Kee Kim et al., Baseline Design Summary, http://risp.ibs.re.kr/orginfo/info_blds.do.
- S. J. Yu, S. J. Youn, and H. Kim, Physica B, 405, 638 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physb.2009.09.079
- H. Kim, S. C. Lim, and Y. H. Lee, Physics Letters A, 375, 2661 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physleta.2011.05.051
- H. Kim, S. J. Youn, and S. J. Yu, Journal of the Korean Physical Society, 56, 554 (2010). https://doi.org/10.3938/jkps.56.554
- H. Kim, W. K. Kim, G.T. Park, I. Shin, S. Choi, and D.O. Jeon, 67,600 (2014).
- H. Kim, M.S. Han, D. Perello, and M. Yun, Infrared Physics & Technology, 60, 7(2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.infrared.2013.03.003
- H. Kim, C.S. Park, and M.S. Han, Optics Communications 325, 68 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2014.04.004
- H. Kim, W. K. Kim, G. T. Park, C. S. Park, and H. D. Cho, Infrared Physics & Technology, 67, 49 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.infrared.2014.07.007
- H. Kim, Y. S. Chang, W. K. Kim, Y. W. Jo, and H. J. Kim, Applied Science and Convergence Technology, 24, 77 (2015). https://doi.org/10.5757/ASCT.2015.24.4.77
- W. Steckelmacher and M. W. Lucas, J. Phys.D:Appl. Phys., 16, 1453 (1983). https://doi.org/10.1088/0022-3727/16/8/012
- L. Fustoss and G Toth, Vacuum, 40, 43 (1990). https://doi.org/10.1016/0042-207X(90)90115-F
- S. Choi, G.T. Park and H. Kim, Applied Science and Convergence Technology, 24, 132 (2015). https://doi.org/10.5757/ASCT.2015.24.5.132
- H. Kim, K. Seo, B. Tabbert, and G. A. Williams, Europhysics Letters, 58, 395 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1209/epl/i2002-00652-0
- H. Kim, P.A. Lemieux, D. J. Durian, and G. A. Williams, Phys. Rev. E 69, 0614081 (2004).
Supported by : National Research Foundation (NRF)