- Volume 29 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Removal of Laser Damage in Electrode Formed by Plating in Crystalline Silicon Solar Cells
결정질 실리콘 태양전지에서 도금을 이용한 전극 형성 시 발생되는 레이저 손상 제거
- Received : 2015.12.22
- Accepted : 2016.05.24
- Published : 2016.06.01
In this paper, we investigated the electrical properties of crystalline silicon solar cell fabricated with Ni/Cu/Ag plating. The laser process was used to ablate silicon nitride layer as well as to form the selective emitter. Phosphoric acid layer was spin-coated to prevent damage caused by laser and formed selective emitter during laser process. As a result, the contact resistance was decreased by lower sheet resistance in electrode region. Low sheet resistance was obtained by increasing laser current, but efficiency and open circuit voltage were decreased by damage on the wafer surface. KOH treatment was used to remove the laser damage on the silicon surface prior to metalization of the front electrode by Ni/Cu/Ag plating. Ni and Cu were plated for each 4 minutes and 16 minutes and very thin layer of Ag with
Crystalline silicon solar cell;Laser doping;Laser damage;Plating
- K. K. Hong, S. B. Cho, J. Y. Huh, H. J. Park, and J. W. Jeong, Met. Mater. Int., 15, 307-312 (2009). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12540-009-0307-1] https://doi.org/10.1007/s12540-009-0307-1
- D. Pysch, A. Mette, A. Filipovic, and S. W. Glunz, Prog. Photovolt: Res. Appl., 17, 101 (2009). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/pip.855] https://doi.org/10.1002/pip.855
- A. Mette, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitat Freiburg im Breisgau, (Freiburg im Breisgau, 2007) p. 105.
- A. Knorz, M. Peters, A. Grohe, C. Harmel, and R. Preu, Prog. Photovolt: Res. Appl., 17, 127-136 (2009). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/pip.856] https://doi.org/10.1002/pip.856
- S. Bowden, V. Yelundur, and A. Rohatgi, Conference Record of the Twenty-Ninth IEEE, 371-374 (2002).
- Y. Liu, T. Lai, H. Li, Y. Wang, Z. Mei, H. Liang, Z. Li, F. Zhang, W. Wang, A. Y. Kuznetsov, and X. Du, Small, 8, 1392-1397 (2012). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/smll.201101792] https://doi.org/10.1002/smll.201101792
- F. Toor, H. M. Branz, M. R. Page, K. M. Jones, and H. C. Yuan, Appl. Phys. Lett., 99, 103501 (2011). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.3636105 https://doi.org/10.1063/1.3636105
- M. A. Green, Technology and System Applications (PrenticeHall, Australia, 1982) p. 96.
- M. S. Kim, S. C. Park, and D. S. Kim, Sol. Energ. Mat. Sol. C., 117, 126-131 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solmat.2013.04.025
Supported by : 한국에너지기술연구원, 한국에너지기술평가원