- Volume 30 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Variation of dissolved organic matter in 2nd treated sewage water by Al(III) coagulant
Al(III) 응집제에 의한 하수처리수 중의 유기물 성상 변화
Kim, Jungsun;Han, Seungwoo;Kim, Suhyun;Kang, Limseok
- Received : 2016.03.15
- Accepted : 2016.04.25
- Published : 2016.06.01
Control degree and property changes of dissolved organic matter (DOM) were conducted by coagulation of chemical treatment for 2 sewage treatment plants with different technical methods. As the result, SUVA value of the second treated water (supernatant of the second settling pond after biological treatment) was increased and DOC was reduced in comparison with supplied raw water. And, SUVA value and DOC were reduced by coagulation after coagulation treatment of the second treated water. Properties of dissolved organic matter for 2 sewage treatment plants's DOC were divided. As the result, there was lots of hydrophilic component with hydrophilicity in case of plant A. In case of the second treated water, Plant A showed fulvic acid with little molecular weight was reduced among the hydrophobic component with hydrophobicity, but numic acide with lots of molecular weight was increased. However, in case of plant B, both fulvic acid with little molecular weight and humic acid with lots of molecular weight were increased among the hydrophobic components with hydrophilicity. Before the operation of phosphorus facility, properties of dissolved organic matter after biodegradation with effluent water showed hydrophilic components were reduced and hydrophobic components were increased. However, after coagulation treatment of the second treated water, hydrophilic components and hydrophobic components were outstandingly decreased or increased. During the biodegradation after coagulation treatment, hydrophilic components were significantly decreased and hydrophobic components were increased.
- APHA, AWWA and WPCF, Standard Method of the Examination of Water and Wastewater (20th ed.). 1998, Washington, D. C., USA.
- Aiken, G. R. Isolation and concentration techniques for aquatic humic substances. 363-385.
- Chin, Y., Aiken, G., and O'loughlin, E.(1994), Molecular weight, polydisperisty, and spectroscopic properties of auatic humic substances, Environ. Sci. Technol., 28, pp. 1853-1858. https://doi.org/10.1021/es00060a015
- Croue, Jean Phillpe, Mark M. Benjamin, Steven Reiber, Characterization of Natural Organic Matters in Drinking Water, 2000
- Collins, M. R., G. L. Amy and C. Steelink, Molecular weight distribution, carboxylic acidity, and humic substances content of aquatic organic matter: Implications for removal during water treatment. 1986, Envir. Sci. Tech., 20(10), 1028-1032 https://doi.org/10.1021/es00152a011
- Daignault S. A., D. K. Noot, D. T. Williams and P. M. Huck (1988) A review of the use of XAD resins to concentrate organic compounds in water. Water Res. 22: 803-813. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1354(88)90017-6
- Edwald, J. K. and Van Benschoten, J. E.(1990), Aluminium coagulation of natural organic matter, In Proceedings of Fourth International Gothenburg Symposium on Chemical Treatment, Madrid, Spain,
- Goel, S., Hozalski, R. M. and Bouwer, E. J., Biodrgradation of NOM: effect of NOM source and ozone dose, Jour. American Water Works Assocoation, 87(1), pp 90-105 (1995)
- Hwang, Jeong-Eun, Changes in characteristics of organic matter by water treatment processes, 1999, Pukyong National University
- Leenheer, J. A. (1981) Comprehensive approach to preparative isolation and fractionation of dissolved organic carbon from natural waters and wastewaters. Envi. Sci. Tech., 15(5): 578-587. https://doi.org/10.1021/es00087a010
- National Institute of Environmental Research, A study on the conversion indicator of organic pollutant for wastewater effluent , 2004
- Reckhow, D. A., Bose, P., Bezbarua, B., Hesse, E. M., and Mcknight, A. P., Transformations of natural organic material during preozonation., 1992, EPA Report, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Drinking Water Research Division, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Servais, P., Anzil, A, and Ventresque, C., Simple method for determination of biodegradable dissolved organic carbon in water, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 1989, 2732-2734.
- Son, Hee Jong, Roh, Jae Soon, Kang, Lim Seok, Determination of BDOCrapid and BDOCslow using Batch Bio-reactor, 2004, Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality, Vol. 20, No, 4, pp357-364
- Thurman, E. M. and R. L. Malcolm Preparative isolation of aquatic humic substances. 1981, Envir. Sci. Tech., 15(4): 463-466. https://doi.org/10.1021/es00086a012